Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any body seen this car in the Alfa Museum , it was in the museum prior to the closure and rebuild but doesn't seem to be there now

It is identical to my car in colour and build and I was going to ( in better times) take some reference photos. Has anyone who has been to the museum seen this car? Photo clearly taken in the museum

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 10.51.25.png

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was at the museum last May and I don't remember this car. I looked through my pictures and do not have a picture of it. I'm sure I would have taken a picture of it, if it had been there, since I own a red 2600 Spider. The best reference 2600 Spider I found on the trip was at the Museo Fratelli Cozzi. I was able to get next to it and take some pictures. This museum has an example of about every Alfa produced since the late 50's. This is a dealer who set aside one example of every model from the dealership. A true collection of original Alfas. The red spider they had was an early one, 191149.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good news and bad news , I have received some great photos of the white 2600 spider taken in 2006 in the old museum. The bad news is I am not allowed to publish them as they are going in Eric's 2600 book , the one he has been writing for 20 years!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Eric Harrison? I think that I have every issue of 'Alfa Plus' (and Roger's 'Alpha Plus') that you guys ever did. I had hoped to make it to your island for one of the 'Boarstall Tower' events. My first TR came in 1989 after having Alfa's for nine years. I think the first issue I have of 'Alpha Plus' is dated Summer 1981.

My car is on the covers of September 1999 and February 2002. The last issue was I got was 17 years ago this month. I miss the days of print and often wonder how Eric is doing. I am glad to hear that he is still working on an Alfa book. It seem a very prolific writer, Patrick Dasse, came out with several new Alfa books all at once. I hope that didn't steel Eric's thunder.

Mark

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Eric Harrison, He still has a vast amount of original Alfa Romeo documentation, photographs etc to go into his book, it will be good if it ever appears. He now has his 2600 sprint back after I owned it for a couple of years. Undergoing a ful lrestoration currently in primer and red leather has just arrived for the seats

1 - 5 of 5 Posts