Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What to do with panel

Well , as I have most of the chrome parts for the front of the car I thought I would get the panel sprayed red. Then fit it out with the headlights , heart etc, hang it in the lounge and wire the lights to run of my laptop as mood lighting

My wife didn’t agree though!

Seriously I will keep it as a spare if any 2600 spider owner (Including myself) is unfortunate enough to have a front end accident, bad enough to warrant a full replacement panel.

The find was very lucky . The history is a builder was doing some work at an Alfa Romeo dealers in Sparkhill, Birmingham(UK) over 20 years ago. They had cleared some old parts out to scrap to make space for the improvements. The builder decided to save it , kept it in his yard and forgot about it.

20 years later he put on Ebay under Alfa Romeo memorabilia – just as Alfa Romeo. With the text “ Alfa Romeo front panel don’t know which model , please call if you have any info, note you are bidding for a fuse only”

Luckily a 105 owner in UK AROC recognized it and contacted me . I won the auction

The panel Alfa Part number is in good condition , in grey primer with minor rust spots where scratched and a couple of very light dents. The inside is sprayed black with a slightly rough underseal type paint as was I guess the whole underside of a 2600 spider.

Photos attached

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
great find!

Ian
I have a set of NOS inner arches, so if we keep acquiring and finding new old stock panels at this rate our great great grandchildren will be able to build a new old stock body shell.:grin2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts