Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a Alfa Romeo 2600 Berlina cam cover which is a very rare piece. Maybe someone has one hidden away that they would sell?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one available in Italy appears to be the correct item. Unfortunately when I I looked at EBAY US it wasn't listed. Apparently, it was listed on EBAY.IT and it didn't cary over to the US listing. I'll check it out . Thanks so much for sending it on to me.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I am restoring a 2600 Spider and have rebuilt a 2600 Sprint engine and the valve covers look the same. I have not worked on a 2600 Sedan and the valve cover might be different.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just checked my parts book and the cam cover shown is for the Sprint and Spyder and not the Berlina. The Berlina cam cover doesn't have the indents in them for the hose that passes over the cam cover to the air cleaner housing from the air filter housing. The Berlina is completely smooth. IO guess I will still have to keep looking and keep my fingers crossed that something might turn up. Again, thanks to everyone trying to help me find the part.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Buy a dipped cover, find a bad 105 cover. Cut, splice and weld. Black wrinkle to hide the join. Simple.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As much as I want the Berlina cover, I am not prepared to go that route right now. Perhaps, in the future, if nothing turns up I might do just that but be aware that trying to weld aluminum that has absorbed a lot of oil, such at the cam cover from a 2600 engine, requires a lot of work to get the oil out so that the weld will be successful.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I may have one, I need to check at the shop, I will try to remember to look tomorrow. maybe call me to remind me (925) 200-1998
Alfa Parts Exchange.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I am looking to purchase a Alfa Romeo 2600 Berlina cam cover which is a very rare piece. Maybe someone has one hidden away that they would sell?
Are you still on the hunt ? I might be able to help, please send me a pm if you are still looking.
Nick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts