Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alfa 2000 Roadster sold at Imelia Lsland

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  DPeterson3 
#1 · (Edited)
Alfa 2000 Roadster sold at Amelia Island

Interesting sale of a 1960 Alfa 2000 roadster with body by Touring on HDTV channel last night. Episode 12 of the program "Whats My Car Worth". The owned was an honest straight forward guy who stated the car was a "driver" quality car and valued it as such at $25,000. The sale was by Goodings and CO at Amelia Island auction. Gooding valued the car at $42,000.

The Alfa had a very nice paint job, but about all the chrome is original and mostly dull and pitted. Exception was the front grill and emblem which looked pretty new. Paint had a few scratches. Under the hood ws very obvious gobs of red silicone used to seal up intake manifold connector air leaks. Interior looked nice used quality and I would speculate that the seats and carpet had been redone a few years back.

The Alfa sold for $36,000, which should have made the owner happy, although it would be interesting to know how much of that $36,000 Gooding and CO received for thier commission. I am guessing that there was a 10% sellers fee up front plus a percentage commission on the gross. But even so, since the owner valued the Alfa at $25,000 and it brought $36,000, I am willing to believe he want home a happy man.

Happy man, that is , until the Alfa sellers remorse kicks in and he regrets no longer owning such a nice and rare Alfa.

Robert Hill in Memphis, TN

See less See more
#2 ·
Amelia, not Imelia
Touring, not Bertone
$39600 including all fees, not $36000

#3 ·
Don P

Thanks for the corrections. I wann't taking notes at the time and was relying of memory (suspected faulty at times). Also suffering from CRS memory degeneration.

Robert

#4 ·
No sweat. I was curious to see what a Bertone 2000 Roadster looked like.

#5 ·
My brother had a car like that in his garage when he passed away. It was really worse for wear, and I sold it for $9500. Thing is the hood was chained down because the latch was bad. But I thought he put some other faster engine in it. As Garage was full of stuff I sold as is. But in there as I have whittled down the hoard he had stuffed in there is an Alfa engine. I just know nothing about cars and was hoping to get a ball park figure what to sell that for. There is a pipe and a cone shaped thing with it. I am not techie to see if I could post a picture on here.

#7 ·
We'll need to see a picture to have any idea what your engine is.

You can "cut and paste" pictures in this forum. There is a limit on maximum size, but most phone cameras work out ok.

#10 ·
Your engine appears to be a 1975 to maybe 1982 Alfetta 2000. It has been at least partially scavenged for parts.

The more in demand used 115 engines sell for $300 as "cores", and $1,000 for running with warranty. Somewhere in the lower end of that range probably fits this engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.