Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am going to make alfa 2000 2600 touring spider frontwindow glas laminated

because all of the aftermarket frontwindow are not exactly the same as the original "VIS" difference in the angle corners and thickness

is someone interested in exact copy from the Original ?

Rgds Franco

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
door window rubber

Hi All

this is a picture I found but looks not original ?

are the rubbers from giulietta -giulia spider the same ?

rgds Franco

Attachments

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi ,

these rubbers are from 2600 Touring spider with the stainless steel small window

and I post them on the wrong topic ...............

rgds Franco

rgds Franco

·
Push hard and live
9,605 Posts
102 side window sealing rubber at windshield post

The original pics appear to show the rubber seals mounted inside out. They must be mounted so the window comes against the sealing ribs when the door is being closed.

Here are the pictures from my car. I won't say this is a very good design, as it helps to have the door open when rolling up the window, but it is hard to close the door with the window all the way up and the top erected.

Easy solution. Leave the windows and top down.

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
9,605 Posts
By the way, I suspect there is an art to how to trim the bottom of each seal. The top should be square to the seal, and the top (hood) will butt against it. The bottom needs to seal against the top of the door. Mine are cut to leave a small gap to facilitate the closing of the door, but if there is much rain this becomes a point of ingress. It occurs to me that there may be a technique of cutting the bottom so they are clear of the door on the outside, but gradually curve to a short flap on the inside, or at least comes to butt against the top of the door on the inside. If there is too much interference, the door will tend to pry the seal loose from its holder, so the part that would rub on the door would have to do so just barely.

Anyone have pictures truly original seals? By now, I'm guessing they've all be replace a few dozen times, or are so hard and weather cracked as to no longer resemble the original configuration.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts