Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a low kms 2 litre V6 motor. I'm aware that these came in three versions carburettor, EFI and Turbo. Apparently they were an option on the early 164 and 916 series GTV as well as others.

I would need any electrickery to make it function as a runner. Preferably one in close proximity would be great! (not likely I know!)

Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I did not know that Alfa made a 2.0 liter V6 engine. I live in the US and the V6 engine was 2.5 liter, 3.0 liter or 3.2 liter. I think that the 3.2 liter engine was sold in Europe and not in the US. I have a V6 3.0 164L engine that has 70K but does not have fuel injectors. You can buy 164 cars cheap in the US but importing the car to New Zealand is too expensive.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had one two liters 2000cc v6 EFI, it was made for italian market for fiscal reason.
I know of 2 liters turbo engine for sale.
Myself I have left one engine v6 3000 12 valves type AR6410 (not cathalised version, year 1988)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2.0 V6

I believe the 2.0 V6 version was an option in Europe and possibly the UK too. It came in several versions and was sold in Italy as a 2 litre version wasn't taxed so heavily. Similar story with the Maserati Merak 2000 and others.

I think Lancia even used the Alfa derived 2 litre V6.

Any more information Stefano?

Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It was also available for a short time in the 90. Didn’t have the L-Jetronic injection, rather one from CEM who according to the inter web was a subsidiary of SPICA.

The factory V6 workshop manual I have has quite a large section on them, it looked rather interesting with six separate throttle bodies, but I did read somewhere that very few were actually sold.

·
Registered
11,618 Posts
Btw: Mazda made a great little 2 liter v6 ... might be a Japanese only model though?

Probably easier to locate in NZ
Pete

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2.0 V6

That's great information. The Alfa 90 2.0 V6 with the CEM injection system looks very interesting. The only 2.0 V6 variants we've had out here have been 164 and 916 GTV versions that are ex Europe. I read an Auto Italia article on the Busso V6 and there seemed to be several 2 litre versions. I'm looking at the 2.0 V6 as a replacement for an ageing 2 litre twin cam in a 116 series GTV. It would be something different than a 2.0 TS conversion.

The usual suggestions are go 2.5V6, 3.0V6 etc but insurance and certification for larger engine conversions is becoming more difficult.

Thanks Stefano.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
That's great information. The Alfa 90 2.0 V6 with the CEM injection system looks very interesting. The only 2.0 V6 variants we've had out here have been 164 and 916 GTV versions that are ex Europe. I read an Auto Italia article on the Busso V6 and there seemed to be several 2 litre versions. I'm looking at the 2.0 V6 as a replacement for an ageing 2 litre twin cam in a 116 series GTV. It would be something different than a 2.0 TS conversion.

The usual suggestions are go 2.5V6, 3.0V6 etc but insurance and certification for larger engine conversions is becoming more difficult.

Thanks Stefano.
Different but not necessarily better. The 75 twin spark produced more power than the NA 2.0 V6, and is a well proven upgrade. I’d imagine it’d also be lighter and easier to source a decent one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts