Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here know whether the ashtray as used on early Alfa 1900 Pininfarina Convertibles was used on any other car that was produced in higher numbers? We do not even have one to use as a pattern, so, before I take the effort and travel to Italy to copy one from a friend I hope that one of you might have a hint for me where I could possibly find one. On pictures, I looks different from the ones used in the early Touring CS and is more of a "pull out" than "flip-out" type. Since the dashboard on our car has been slightly modified, I cannot even measure the opening to get the exact dimensions. If none of you knows a source where to get one, we will have to make one from scratch. Thank you all for any hints.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Alfred can you please post a picture so we can see which ashtray you are referring to? I have a PF coupe and a friend has a very early cab, so maybe between us we can help you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for your offer to help.
Unfortunately, I do not have a proper picture. The picture I am posting was taken from the Alfa1900.com page and shows the car of Francesco Bonfanti. Francesco is a very helpful and friendly guy, so I think if I asked him he would allow me to make a copy, but this would be a last resort. As you see, the ashtray of the convertible is shaped like a slim drawer and sits lower in the dashboard. As far as I know the PF Coupes have the ashtray on top of the dash and with a lid on top, or are there different versions?
I was hoping that someone here might know that the same type of ashtray was used in other cars as well. Making one from scratch takes many hours, shaping, chroming etc. and it is hard to explain why you have wasted several days on such a small thing when later you might possibly find one for small money at the Retromobile or next Techno Classica...

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts