Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have silicone plenum couplers with guarded clamps for the 164. They are very nice, and fit perfectly.

Also, for a limited time we have some at half price. The half price units were made incorrectly, the transition isn't in the correct spot. That said, they fit and do work, they just don't look quite right.

You can order these here: Alfa Romeo 164 hose kits plenum couplers Auto Parts or by calling Misty, her phone number is on the home page of the site.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
So they come in both red and black? Pardon my ignorance but is there any advantage to silicone compared to the original material? (rubber?)

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, there is, it lasts essentially forever and looks a lot nicer. It can also handle much higher temperatures and pressures, which really only matters on a forced induction motor. Not that the original Alfa couplers are bad, they were actually pretty good, but these are a lot better.

The kits come in either Red, or Black.

Greg

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
Are the red ones faster than the black ones? :D

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Runner size differences?

Hi Greg,

so I'm wondering about the size/diameter difference between the LS and Q runners? One size fits all or what?

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
A number of us 164LS owners have upgraded to the 44mm Q runners, as it is a simple modification to the 24V engine that brings some addtional horsepower without the trouble or expense of chipping, cams, or other involved procedures. I'm not in dire need of replacing my plenum couplers yet, but it would be nice to know that there is an upgrade out there.

Heck, I already purchased your red silicone hose set, so red couplers would be a nice touch on the 'bling' scale.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will consider having them made for the bigger runners. For now all I have are the standard sizes. I will have to check and see if the stock Q runner is a different part number.

I know the Q runner is a good upgrade, but it's expensive and I don't think those runners are too common.

Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts