Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear fellow members,
I have been daily driving my 1994 164 LS Automatic for around 3-4 years now. I am a college student and regularly used it during last winter which was pretty amazing considering we got around a foot of snow more than once! (Scarsdale, NY) Anyway, up until three days ago, I was using the A/C completely fine during hot weather. The last few days have been rainy, so today as it is around 87 degrees, I turn it on and i have no fan whatsoever at any speed. I turned it down to the lowest point possible and still nothing on the lowest setting of fan speed. If milage plays any part in figuring this out, 112,700+
Thanks,
Chris Pellegrini

·
Registered
785 Posts
So the fan has stopped working? Even on manual settings? That happened to my car and the fault turned out to be a burned out fuse in the dash area. My mechanic started by checked the wiring behind the center HVAC control panel. He then traced it back to a fuse somewhere under the dash. I am not sure exactly where it was located or which one it was. This is probably not much to go on, so best of luck.

Regards

·
1991 164L
27,889 Posts
Check for bad/cracked 40 amp fuse bar in fuse holder on backside of false firewall behind area of brake fluid reservoir. Same style 40A fuse on front of firewall is for radiator cooling fan. They are back to back. rear fuse for A/C blower motor fan.

You can use a 45A Honda fuse bar to replace it just bend it to fit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check for bad/cracked 40 amp fuse bar in fuse holder on backside of false firewall behind area of brake fluid reservoir. Same style 40A fuse on front of firewall is for radiator cooling fan. They are back to back. rear fuse for A/C blower motor fan.

You can use a 45A Honda fuse bar to replace it just bend it to fit.
Weird thing is that it works perfectly when the key is turned to the accessories position (engine off). Then, once the engine is started, the fan won't work at all.

·
1991 164L
27,889 Posts
Somethings wired wrong me thinks. Fan should not run with key in off position.

Have you checked the F12 fuse in main fuse box? It is 10A fuse in second row from top has snowflake on top of fuse

1 - 5 of 5 Posts