·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Steve, Just curious as to what kind of information the cam angle sensors provides to the ECU that could not be provided from the crank sensor?

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Steve, Just curious as to what kind of information the cam angle sensors provides to the ECU that could not be provided from the crank sensor?
The knock sensors and cam angle sensor work together see 94 electrical wiring manual pag 562 for info.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Steve, Thanks for all that information. However, my questions remains. If the cam angle sensor is a timing sensor for the knock sensor, why couldn't the crank sensor, which also serves as a timing sensor for the ignition, provide the same input to the ECU.

With the newly acquired 24v LS, I have a lot to learn about this M1.7 system. Just yesterday, I found that the Idle Air Regulator (IAR) has three pins instead of the 2 pins on the 91-93 M1.4. Mine makes a humming noise with the key in the on position and engine not running, and I wonder if that is normal. Why does it have the extra pin anyway? It took me a while to trace the noise because I was not expecting it from how the earlier IARs behave.
I also noticed that the throttle position sensor is different when it wasn't making the familiar clicking sound. I figured that one out already as having a contineously variable resistance output instead of a double switch.
Thanks, Alfahill

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
The crank sensor and the cam angle sensor are the same; the difference is in the length of the pigtail.

Having just had these items off, I know they work on the Hall effect, but how does the knock sensor work? Is it piezoelectric?

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Alfa hill IAC

Yep mine hums too with key in run position. It kind of drones, I would say, it doesnt seem to be able to carry a tune very well.:)

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
It just doesn't know the words.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Take care. I had a cambelt slip because a malfunction in IAR. It did´t keep down the revs at startup. Instead of 1200 revs at startup i got 3000 revs and with almost no oilpressure (dry cams) in that moment the cambelt slipped.

JK
164 Q4

·
Registered
160 Posts
Steve,

I don't know if this works right away, but here you can find sensorpartnumbers.

The numbers look kind of short for a Boschnumber, but maybe it helps.

Its for a Q4 btw.....

PartsBase

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nope, it doesn't work right away.
Type JL-HG-95 (my licenceplate) in the yellow rectangle(dutch licenceplate)

Select motormanagement and ODB
Select "impulsgever"
Selcct any of the sensors for info....

·
Registered
549 Posts
FWIW, the Bosch KS pictured above looks very much like the one used on the Saab 900/9000 Turbo, except there's no pigtail on the one spec'd for the Saab - the quick-connector is built right into the sensor. I was initially going to suggest that they're swap-able, but I imagine the harness on the Alfa won't reach a pig-tall-less KS, and you really don't want to go splicing into a sensitive circuit like this to extend it.

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, looks like maybe 0 261 231 095 is Bosch number for 60810791 knock sensor

·
Registered
201 Posts
hi
is there any resion not to buy this cheep knocking sensor for my 1994 v6 24v ?
96253615 Knock Sensor for Daewoo Lanos Fiat Coupe Lancia Kappa Alfa Romeo 145 | eBay

at the end i ordered fae 60111, its from spain
other company is "facet"

here are all your options :
aLFA: 60592752, BOSCH: 0261 231 095, 0261231095, FIAT: 60810791, QUINT: XKS31, DAEWOO: 96 253 615, 96253615, FACET: 9.3023, ERA: 550230, FAE: 60111, MEATDORIA: 87357, STANDARD: 19527

1 - 15 of 15 Posts