Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alfa 164 door handles

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ChazzyD 
#1 ·
Looking for exterior and interior door handles for front right and left side doors of 1991 Alfa 164 . Contact petermadison@verizon.net

#2 · (Edited)
There are used exterior handles which show up on eBay or in the want ads of the BB, but you have to be careful that those should not have a depression ordimple in the outer pull shell. A depression or dimple will indicate that it is on the way toward failure. They will work if you are careful on how you pull on the handle but they could fail at any time. I have bought new unpainted ones from Jason (Alfissimo).

As for inner door handles, they can often be repaired by riveting or bolting a steel strap to rejoin the two pieces, at least for the usual failure, or if the little end tongues are broken, you can use a piece of strap riveted on, cut to match the tongues. I don't know if new ones are available.

I have done several repairs of both inside door handles with success. The usual failure of the outer handle cannot be repaired, at least not worth talking about, as it is just a cr*p design with lousy metal (actually, the same cr*p metal as the inside).

Try a basic Google search to find pictures, usually posted by Steve, showing the repairs. Try "Alfa164 door handle repair".

#3 ·
There are used exterior handles which show up on eBay or in the want adds of the BB, but you have to be careful that those should not have a depression ordimple in the outer pull shell. A depression or dimple will indicate that it is on the way toward failure. They will work if you are careful on how you pull on the handle but they could fail at any time. I have bought new unpainted ones from Jason (Alfissimo).

As for inner door handles, they can often be repaired by riveting or bolting a steel strap to rejoin the two pieces, at least for the usual failure, or if the little end tongues are broken, you can use a piece of strap riveted on, cut to match the tongues. I don't know if new ones are available.

Try a basic Google search to find pictures, usually posted by Steve, showing the repairs. Try "Alfa164 door handle repair".
Thank you Del, appreciate your recommendations and will try Jason at Alfissimo.

Peter

#4 ·
I have spare set of LF/RF outer handles, and a inner R/F handle. I have a repaired inner LF handle

#5 ·
I have 5 used right rear interior door handles and one, new in the bag, right front. PM me if you are interested in these. I'm sure I have some used exterior handles somewhere as well, I would just have to dig a little more for those. I will take $20 ea for the rear used ones, and $65 for the new right front, + shipping. I can take paypal. These fit the 91-93 model.
Charles

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.