Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale is my Alfa. I had this car for a year. I really loved it a lot.
It has all new belts, new oil pump, new fuel pump, new tensioner pulley, tires are 80%, I have just replaced oil pan. When I was changing oil pen I have noticed that oil is mixed with coolant. As far as I know it would need head gasket to be replaced. It drives very good, though. It looks absolutely great. There is a new pain job 2 years ago. 67000 on the clock. Car has clean title and never been to accident before. I will give it out for $1000. I am in Bloomington, IN. I am very sorry to sell this car, but I am a student and do not have time to fix the gasket.
E-mail me: [email protected]

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
I'd recommend that you at least try to re-torque the heads. That's what I've done with cars with some oil showing in the coolant. I can't say it hurt....but oil in the coolant is gobs better than coolant in the oil.

Indiana, eh? Nice looking L. It even has the 0170 cap on correctly. Most folks put it on upside down for some reason.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm interested and just a couple hours away from you. Please let me know if you still want to sell.

Tim

·
Premium Member
16,166 Posts
Yup, retorque the heads, as that solved the same problem with my 91S. Turns out the rear head had never been retorqued (more difficult to get to), and the torques were very low at about 50-60 lb-ft. The fronts were fine. I now have 138k miles on the S.

Your car should NOT require a new head gasket at that mileage. I think the car had previous owners who were very lazy.

Pretty car!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Is that an L or a B (cloth seats as opposed to leather)? Nice 164!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Best of all worlds, nice grippy cloth seats from a B, wheels and badge from an L and spoiler from an S... :)

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
An S engine to go with the B/L tranny might be interesting, too, especially with a Squadra chip to goose up the low end torque a bit.

That's a nice looking package, by the way, just as it is. I hope theat torqueing the heads fixes your oil in coolant problem. Someone would be getting a good setup. There are a lot of nice opportunities coming up lately. Too bad my driveway's full. Too bad my bank account isn't. But life is good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts