Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the shifter assembly there is a reverse rod sleeve (part# 102.02.13.061.00) for the reverse function with a slot, this sleeve rides over the shift lever sub assembly rod (part# 106.01.13.061.00) the sub assembly has a small hole which I believe may have had a pin in it. My thought is the slotted sleeve fits over the pin on the shifter sub assembly to eliminate rotation. The project I am working does not have a pin, hence the shift knob and sleeve rotate when shifting. Should there in fact be a pin? No pin appears on the factory parts diagram. I would appreciate any input or suggestions on this question.
Thanks,
Barry

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes, there should be a pin in the hole to prevent the upper part of the lever from rotating. However, it is not uncommon to find that the slot on the upper part of the lever is above the hole in the lower, so the pin will not prevent turning of the upper shaft. My 1600 spider has this issue. It does not affect the use of the gearbox. This is caused by a rubber bushing part wearing out in the lower lever, thus the upper lever moves away from the hole/pin. If this is the problem I guess you could make an L shaped pin that would still be able to keep the upper shaft from rotating. Then again maybe this would prevent the upper shaft from permitting engagement of reverse. Unless it really matters, live with it, esp if the gear lever has good chrome. Let me know how you make out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts