Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Just like they cover up the exterior on test cars they may throw the car guy a curve ball or two with some dummy pipes under the hood :rolleyes: :D ;) :eek:
Jes

·
Registered
847 Posts
AR4me said:
Just like they cover up the exterior on test cars they may throw the car guy a curve ball or two with some dummy pipes under the hood :rolleyes: :D ;) :eek:
Jes
bing bing bing. Couldnt agree with that more, Id be very surprised if the 159/Brera GTA were a twin turbo v6, within the alfa heritage I can only think of one car with a twin turbo v6 configuration. And that wasnt a factory car, nor an Autodelta car. (Callaway)

plus its the second time theyve zoomed in with dumb yellow circles around the head, how about just blowing up the pic without the dumb yellow circles or watermark so some other people can take a guess... I blew up the pic as well but the watermark is too thick to make a guess.

·
Registered
400 Posts
NAAA its V6

No thats a V6 allright. you cant fit a V8 sideways like shown in pic and even if you can it would be real silly:rolleyes: when its much easier to access engine when mounted straight foward. I think this guy is just starting some hype.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yea all this guy did was take the Alfa Romeo front plate off the front valve cover painted both valve covers red as for the intake plenumn totally removed the stock one which sits on top of the rear valve cover the somewhat intake runners have been modefide so that the intake plenumn sits above the runners in middle of engine.BTW we are talking about the New Alfa 3.2 V6. thats all this guy did.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
To put an end to all speculations.
Brera/Spider Gta were scheduled for launch in october of 2007.The v6 bi-turbo would
boost about 380hp and it would have 4 valves in each cylinder,GDI,I/CE and respects Euro 5.It would use a classic automatic gearbox.It would have drilled brake discs and Q4.It wont have Sky View and the first priority of AR is to produce an original Gran Turismo allegerita so the main matter that concerns AR is the weight issue….In the photo we saw a test mule of 159 Gta with a v6 turbo…..but there are rumors that this summer AR tested another 9 mules fitted with the new 4.7 v8.

So if they are going to use the new v8 I am curious how the dealer network of AR with zero experience in v8 engines will maintain Gta’s.Also a solution of a V8 engine will upraise the cost above 80k euros and I think it would cost more than Rs4.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Slush-box sports car? Mua-ha-ha-ha! Oh man, this just keeps getting better and better. BTW Mr.Sakiss, what happened to all your definitive pronouncements about the GTAs being 4.2V8? More hot air? Also 380hp is not exactly going to worry RS4 and next M3 with proper gearboxes and screaming V8s.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
What i wrote was the first plan of 2005.Gta will have the new V8 instead of the old one with 450hp and it will cost propably more than RS4/M3 cause the use of carbon fiber/aluminium parts....and then we will see what an AR with an engine from maranello could achieve.....Germans will be again histoy in every SEGMENT...Gta's launch will remove the smile from your face...you know GTA,wont be a grand tourismo like Brera 3.2 is.

V8 183kgr
V6 busso 3.2 182kgr
V6 JTS 162kgr
V6 JTS TwinTurbo 262kgr
V6 JTS TwinTurbo light 217kgr

·
Registered
17 Posts
RussianM3_dude said:
Slush-box sports car? Mua-ha-ha-ha! Oh man, this just keeps getting better and better. BTW Mr.Sakiss, what happened to all your definitive pronouncements about the GTAs being 4.2V8? More hot air? Also 380hp is not exactly going to worry RS4 and next M3 with proper gearboxes and screaming V8s.
Well...power isn't everything. Giulia GTA will be faster than many more powerful cars produced in 21st century:)

·
Banned
868 Posts
sakiss said:
What i wrote was the first plan of 2005.Gta will have the new V8 instead of the old one with 450hp and it will cost propably more than RS4/M3 cause the use of carbon fiber/aluminium parts....and then we will see what an AR with an engine from maranello could achieve.....Germans will be again histoy in every SEGMENT...Gta's launch will remove the smile from your face...you know GTA,wont be a grand tourismo like Brera 3.2 is.

V8 183kgr
V6 busso 3.2 182kgr
V6 JTS 162kgr
V6 JTS TwinTurbo 262kgr
V6 JTS TwinTurbo light 217kgr

You just said on another forum that the GTAs will be TTV6. Get you story straight. Also a 100,000Euro GTA if it were to be produced, would hardly be M3-RS4 competition. It would only steal sales from Maserati.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
RussianM3_dude said:
You just said on another forum that the GTAs will be TTV6. Get you story straight. Also a 100,000Euro GTA if it were to be produced, would hardly be M3-RS4 competition. It would only steal sales from Maserati.
I said that the engine in the last photos we saw about Gta's in balocco testing were fitted with the twin turbo v6....but actually it was an old mule of Gta with v6 single turbo.Gta will get the new v8.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
RussianM3_dude said:
I think the 159 GTA if/when it comes, will be have around 320 horsepower. It will also be rather heavy for what it is, and will cost around 40,000-50,000 Euros. I agree that the M3 would be a better purchase, as would the RS4.

I think the car that most US Alfisti will be interested in is a 2 door or 4 door version of the 149 GTA with around 225 horsepower, if/when it ever comes. If it can be sold for around 18,000-22,000 Euros, it will sell well.

To me, one of the more interesting cars as far as value for money, is the new MazdaSpeed 3, with 263 hp tiurbo 4, a weight of about 3000 pounds, and a US window sticker price of around $23,000 US.

Yes, it is not a M3 or RS4, but it is only about 1/3rd the price..

Personally, as far as buying a new Alfa, I will wait to see what the 149GTA is like, and what it will cost, if/when it ever comes to the US...

·
Banned
868 Posts
Well, the good news, is that a circa 300hp GTA will be basically a little more expensive then a 3.2 159. Just like the 156GTA was basically a beefed up regular 156 and a 330 competition, the 159 GTA will be a beefed up 3.2 and 335 competition. Although some rumors give it 290hp from the regular 3.2. Basically the 159GTA will be exactly the same car (philosophy-wise) as the 156GTA but maybe with some minor weigth reduction.

Personally, I think this is good as it would be a lot more affordable. Maybe a 5-6000 Euro premium.

I just find it too good to be true, that Alfa, who is struggling to find funding for essential programs like future weight reduction, improving fuel consumption, improving dealer network, improving quality AND getting ready to reintroduce itself in the US, will spare money for a niche V8 GTA that would also clash with existing halo model, the V8 8C.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
RussianM3_dude said:
Well, the good news, is that a circa 300hp GTA will be basically a little more expensive then a 3.2 159. Just like the 156GTA was basically a beefed up regular 156 and a 330 competition, the 159 GTA will be a beefed up 3.2 and 335 competition. Although some rumors give it 290hp from the regular 3.2. Basically the 159GTA will be exactly the same car (philosophy-wise) as the 156GTA but maybe with some minor weigth reduction.

Personally, I think this is good as it would be a lot more affordable. Maybe a 5-6000 Euro premium.

I just find it too good to be true, that Alfa, who is struggling to find funding for essential programs like future weight reduction, improving fuel consumption, improving dealer network, improving quality AND getting ready to reintroduce itself in the US, will spare money for a niche V8 GTA that would also clash with existing halo model, the V8 8C.
Even if there were a 159GTA twin turbo V6, I doubt if it would cost anywhere near what the 8C will cost. I have heard the price for the 8C will be about 170,000 Euros! A twin turbo 159GTA V6 or even V8 would be about 1/3 to 1/2 of the 8C price, but would have to be priced at less than $50,000 in the US to sell very well.

·
Registered
297 Posts
To me, one of the more interesting cars as far as value for money, is the new MazdaSpeed 3, with 263 hp tiurbo 4, a weight of about 3000 pounds, and a US window sticker price of around $23,000 US.
I could not agree more. I waited for the Speed3 to hit the dealer showrooms, but they were trying to get $4,000 of mark-up. At $27,000 dollars, I did the only logical thing possible, I bought the Audi A3! 2.0, 6 speed manual, red. It was the closest thing to a 147 that I could buy in the US.

I am toying with the idea of making a custom Alfa Romeo Grill to replace the hideous Audi grill as well as rebadging the "A3" on the back with a "147". So few people even know what the A3 is, that it might just pass for a 147.

Besides, I think Walter d'Silva penned the 147 before he moved to Audi and penned the A3.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Besides the 8C, whatever car Alfa brings to our shores better have more juice than 220HP, better looks than a 335 and a mystique about it. The type of person that will buy a new Alfa today in the US is going to want it all, even if they have to pay for it. Prestige, handling, speed, power, torque and quality. Pumping out an underpowered second rate car will spell DOA for Alfa a second time. There are plenty of good cars out there already like the Mazda, Honda, Nissan, etc. Alfa has a window of opportunity and I hope they use it wisely.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts