Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day,
I was wondering if anybody owning an alfa 156 2.5 v6 Q-system could help me. I have a 1998 alfa 156 2.5v6 with manual transmission and would like to know whether the Alfa Romeo internal code for my version differs from the one used for alfa 156 Q-system.
In particular, these are the data of my car:

Fiat Auto S.p.A 156 932A1000_00
Homologation code: OE00240EST03
Engine code: AR32401

May I ask to crosscheck these data with an owner of an alfa 156 q-system? Your help would be very appreciated,
Thanks and regards
Oscar

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Erik.
Actually I did not have the idea to watch the alfa cd catalog, thanks for the suggestion!!
Best Regards
Oscar

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Oscar,

I check the numbers and the engine code is the same.
Mine is from 2001 (fase 2) They use the same 2.5 v6 in a 166
Are you thinking of fitting a q system?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mark,
thank you for your reply. It was just a question I was asking myself, since apparently there is no difference in the codes adopted for the manual and automatic question. It looks like the q-system is a normal 156 v6 with an optional automatic gearbox installed. I thought that for better reliability the engine used for the automatic version had less torque and performances. This would make a difference in case I found a 156 q-system in the scrapyard to buy for spares. However, since it seems they are pretty much the same, I have now learnt that I might buy any 2.5 litre engine, no matter if it comes from a manual or automatic gearbox 156.
Thanks!!!
Oscar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts