Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I recently purchased a 1999 156 24v LHD with a manual transmission. I'm loving the car, especially the noises!>:)

My brake booster failed and my shop is telling me that LHD boosters are unattainable and there is no one making replacements, just RHD ones. Seems odd to me considering how many LHD drive 156s were made.

Can you help me find supplier where I can order a LHD one, ideally shipping to Canada but I could work around it?

thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
I think most parts for 156 are still available, and I do not see any problem to order them through Alfa Romeo dealers network in Canada. You need just part numbers. Google ePer online, find the latest available version, I think it's from 2014 and provide a dealer part numbers you need.
Also you can source parts from Europe, shouldn't be a problem to buy parts for the maintenance.

Sent from my Z957 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Pricey...to say the least. Makes me wonder if there isn't a rebuild kit available if not for this specific unit but for other similar units from other marques? Is this an ATE booster?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I'd be inclined to contact Autolusso (new or 2nd hand) or any of the other UK suppliers (EB spares, Alfa workshop, etc) and ask if they can source. They're usually very good

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I have a 155 2.5 V6 in Ottawa. I source most of my parts from Jason at Alfissimo.com, based out of San Diego or Colorado...cant remember where. He is active on these forums, and knows the Busso very well. He has always found parts for me, even rare ones, and is very quick with service. Highly recommended.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts