Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all never wrote on here but always loos up the answers and found them on here but can't seem to find the one I'm going to ask!! Lol here goes

About 8 weeks ago my engine management light come on and my car cut out I assumed it must have run out of diesel so I goes to the garage fills a can put it in my car goes to start it turned over once and and then started to die so I thought must have a bad battery so called my friend he came with jump leads started fine I then went to local yard and got a battery that worked well I got it had no problems for 3 weeks then about 3 weeks ago my dash where the speedo is wel it sounds like where the speedo is could be under steering wheel I getting a clicking sound that comes on for I'd say 20 second then goes off for 20 seconds it's really annoying also the other day I went to start car it started I went to set off it cut out all light on clocks and speedo and message desplay went off totally dead then come back on with all kinds of errors saying bils wasn't working a air bags and loads of others like it was malfunctioning I turned the key off turned it back on stared car then all lights would go off again then on with more errors then it was ok so I went out I was driving and the lights on dash and desplay would just go off like no power to them the car would still drive with my foot on the gas but if I took it off and put clutch in it stalls it's not done it again for couple of days but engine management lights still comes on and goes off and dash is still clicking any help would be a bonus also I have checked terminals on battery aswel thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Get a brand new battery, correct CCA. I had a similar problem with my 156 1.9JTD when the battery (halfords 2yr old) started to fail. Bizarre messages, errors, no start, etc. New correct, battery solved the problem. ECU is fussy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today, 01:39 AM
Craig_m67

Get a brand new battery, correct CCA. I had a similar problem with my 156 1.9JTD when the battery (halfords 2yr old) started to fail. Bizarre messages, errors, no start, etc. New correct, battery solved the problem. ECU is fussy.
Last edited by Craig_m67; Today at 01:42 AM.

Ok thanks for your fast reply i get paid tomoz so I'll get one in the morn and then post on here if its fixed it or not thanks agin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today, 01:39 AM
Craig_m67

Last edited by Craig_m67; Today at 01:42 AM.

Ok thanks for your fast reply i get paid tomoz so I'll get one in the morn and then post on here if its fixed it or not thanks agin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brilliant Craig I bought the new battery on the Friday after your post and no more silly faults for about 10days now. I'm still getting the clicking sound in the dash but I'v had a good listen and it sounds like its in the plastic casing behind the steering wheel I'm on holiday at the moment. I'm home tomorrow it's my next job to try and sort any ideas would be an advantage thanks for your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts