Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , i am looking into turbo charging my alfa gt junior 1600 bertone , i would like to know from people who have done this , what was needed what turbo did you use ,mods and etc needed, i aprecciate any help , i dont know if someone has posted something like this before , anyways ill leaves some photos here of my fully restored alfa when it was finished being painted

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have a Jafco turbo kit (manifold, low-comp pistons, dual-point distributor, and more). looking to trade it for a 3.9 diff from an automatic Berlina.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thank you for your response , did you have to do any modifications on the manifold? How did you run the oil lines for the turbo , and is there any spicific purpose for the dual point distubuiter ?
Cheers

·
Registered
546 Posts
check for a pm from me. no idea why the dual-point distributor, it came with the package. also includes a rayjay turbo

·
Registered
165 Posts
What I did was to swap the 1600cc engine for the 1.8 turbo from the 75/milano with stock +/-155cv.>:)
I just keep the 1.6 original and in store and play with the 1.8 turbo.
The 1.8 turbo engine is BOLT ON, you just need the engine because you can use the original transmission but you do have to fiddle with the turbo down pipe and other litle things.
My setup is with a front mounted intercooler and is more work to fit.

Turbo+Carbs is not a good ideia!
With the 1.8 you have the fuel injected, low compreesion engine, all the anciliers, etc...
With basic bolt on your are looking to +/-220cv.
I have seen this engines with 300cv, 350cv running on track all day.
If you want it is said to go as far as 400 to 500cv!!I never seen one, but...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts