Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just started work on this recent acquisition from Italy. A friend of mine who is from northern italy told me not to buy anything from anyone in the south without first going to see it...and he was right it seems, since the vendor assured me repeatedly ..Ruggini? no ruggini! However, it was the British car transporter who really ripped me off...took my money and that of some 20 other people and vanished (thanks for all your help:thumbdown: Shiply).
Anyway, here we are. I read with some interest the excellent posts on here following the restoration of the green Berlina 1750 by gigem75. However, I've got a couple of questions for anyone reading this.:
1. I was loathe to cut off too much front wing because it is in excellent condition. However, to get decent access, should I cut again, around 6" higher?
2. I was going to repair the inner sill, mostly towards the front and at the back by cutting bits of it off below the spot weld 'waterline' where the floor meets the sill. The floor seems mostly okay with some rust around the rear of the front passenger seat mounting and at the front by the drain hole, but where it meets the inner sill it (apart from the front) looks pretty good. Or,, are there those of you who think I should take the floor out ??
3. The front area of the inner/middle sill is quite complicated with the addition of the extra cover plate in the photos...how should I go about dealing with this area?

Any thoughts about the next few steps?

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hello,

Welcome to the Giulia Super Collective! I've "been there, done that" and have the photos/comments to prove it. Search for my posts and look up my Flickr page and you'll see what to do.

Regards,

Fabio (aka SuperFab)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.