Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks DD,
If you hadn't posted that link I wouldn't have accidentally found the latest Spice Girls video.
Just as long as your not wearing women's lingerie kneeling behind a truck you call "easy", I'm sure we're all fine!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For your information it was a camisole, and your just jealouse.
If you watched the first link I left, the youtube one, you'd realize, after the child wanting to sleep in mommies (the interviewer's) bed-led to Milan, Italy....:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Actually, manmade global warming is a fact- its just that 99% of it is the hot air from Al Gore and his fellow travelers.

-Wayne

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
One volcano eruption has the potential to add enough greenhouse gases as mankind has done since the industrial revolution. God knows what He is doing. Mankind does not. Someone took the temperature 425,000 years ago? Was that in degrees F, C or K?

Makes Saturday more fun.

·
Registered
56 Posts
As much as I agree with the fact that global warming is fraud, myth, natural cycle, etc., this isn't the place to be posting this sort of thing.

I have seen this sort of thing devolve into flame wars and personal attacks on other boards, leading to thier demise. I have learned too much and like this place too much to see this happen here.

It's all about the cars. Please, let's keep it that way.

I hope the moderator will remove this thread.

-Phil

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Ha ha!

"PO is a weenie"

Now there's a thread that obviously has to do with our favorite cars...

Do what everyone else does if you don't like the thread- don't read it or reply to it. Its like the fall leaves, they eventually blow away.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
As much as I agree with the fact that global warming is fraud, myth, natural cycle, etc., this isn't the place to be posting this sort of thing.

I have seen this sort of thing devolve into flame wars and personal attacks on other boards, leading to thier demise. I have learned too much and like this place too much to see this happen here.

It's all about the cars. Please, let's keep it that way.

I hope the moderator will remove this thread.

-Phil
Phil,
I agree with everything you said, except that thier's more than one way to express your frustration.
Soooo, lighten up.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Phil,
I agree with everything you said, except that thier's more than one way to express your frustration.
Soooo, lighten up.
I don't think he needs to lighten up, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. This has everything to do with spiders as much as any other car-especially the Milan, Italy part. We're still in business and what happens in other corners of the world effects us just the same.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I don't think he needs to lighten up, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. This has everything to do with spiders as much as any other car-especially the Milan, Italy part. We're still in business and what happens in other corners of the world effects us just the same.
Well, Your right again.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, Your right again.
Not just me, that last link was a petition signed by many enviromentalist with PHd's stating in the petition, that global warming was not occuring. The enviromentalist who say it is happening are getting "kick backs" by politicians. Much like me saying, I'll pay you $200,000 to drive my car and to evaluate how it is the fastest car you've ever drove...

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Not just me, that last link was a petition signed by many enviromentalist with PHd's stating in the petition, that global warming was not occuring. The enviromentalist who say it is happening are getting "kick backs" by politicians. Much like me saying, I'll pay you $200,000 to drive my car and to evaluate how it is the fastest car you've ever drove...
I suggest if you feel that strongly about this you stand out in front of your house with a big sign.

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
I haven't seen the chart of the "hole" in the ozone layer over Antarctica before, but that it is so big at the end of their winter documents the influence of the sun.

In the upper atmosphere ozone is created by the ultra violet portion of the spectrum. It hits an ordinary molecule of O2 and ionizes it to O3.

On the eleven-year solar cycle, the amount of ultra violet changes the most. If I recall rightly by about a third.

At the cyclical low, the amount of UV is diminished and the layer becomes thinner. It has nothing to do with our activity on earth. Then at the max the ozone layer is thicker.

As to the "holes" in the ozone layer in the far north, or the far south, the feature in their respective winters is that it is dark for a couple of months.

No sunshine = no UV= no ozone layer = "ozone hole".

Can't understand why this isn't taught in Grade One--it would only take five minutes.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I haven't seen the chart of the "hole" in the ozone layer over Antarctica before, but that it is so big at the end of their winter documents the influence of the sun.

In the upper atmosphere ozone is created by the ultra violet portion of the spectrum. It hits an ordinary molecule of O2 and ionizes it to O3.

On the eleven-year solar cycle, the amount of ultra violet changes the most. If I recall rightly by about a third.

At the cyclical low, the amount of UV is diminished and the layer becomes thinner. It has nothing to do with our activity on earth. Then at the max the ozone layer is thicker.

As to the "holes" in the ozone layer in the far north, or the far south, the feature in their respective winters is that it is dark for a couple of months.

No sunshine = no UV= no ozone layer = "ozone hole".

Can't understand why this isn't taught in Grade One--it would only take five minutes.
Completely agree! Also, they don't mention solar dimming with jet fuel pollution in the upper atmosphere and how it is counter acting the trend of a warm up. Point being, if the US gets too involved with the Kyoto pact, we could be required to install catalytic converters on pre 1975 cars, the sale of any performance cams, turbo's, heads, etc.. could be outlawed as well as the business of racing cars on the track. This does effect everyone, so yes, spiders too.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,032 Posts
The Other Point

Completely agree! Also, they don't mention solar dimming with jet fuel pollution in the upper atmosphere and how it is counter acting the trend of a warm up. Point being, if the US gets too involved with the Kyoto pact, we could be required to install catalytic converters on pre 1975 cars, the sale of any performance cams, turbo's, heads, etc.. could be outlawed as well as the business of racing cars on the track. This does effect everyone, so yes, spiders too.
The other point being that one is waiting for the outlawing of any vehicle older than the last 1-2 changes in emissions specs. I'm sure this has been discussed and will happen in CA first and then spread like some noxious fume elsewhere. I'll take a 69 SV, even stock, over a late model whatchamacallit any day . . . unless I want to get to work that is . . . ;)

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
then spread like some noxious fume elsewhere.
Yes, goverment regulations and politics are more pollutant than cars themselves!:D Reminds me of the fact that several US congressmen showed up at a hearing on pollution being flown by 4 different private jets and they all left D.C. together, I suppose if you are going to complain about pollution in front of the media, you should at least jet pool.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hey Aldo, where'd you get the cool pictures? the magazine, the cup of...
Like them!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts