Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does anyone have pictures of a ajustable and heated backseat of the 164?

I mean also the pics from the frame and how it's build/constructed.

thanks,

Hendrik

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you just want to make your life easier and buy my complete 9.8 out of 10 heated and adjustable rear seat??

Robert
Oregon
Sounds good, what color is it??
Besides that i was wondering if there are drawing or pics from that type of seat, it sure is not to build one my self...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd offer to take pictures of the power seats in the back of my parts car, but I looked over the weekend and it is so full of stuff I can't really get to them (parts cars always seem to be this way, don't they). Specifically what information did you need? The center section with the buttons and a couple relays is towards the top of the pile... I also seem to recall that they were wired to retract to upright when the door was opened.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have the the center section with the buttons, i was wondering how this works, i've never seen this option in a European car.

Please take your time for the pictures Jeff51, i'm not in a rush.
I would like to know how the frame is build and fastend to the car. Is the back part also adjustable?

hendrik

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Hi,

These rear seats were fitted to the pre-facelift European cars. They are a nice touch but, as far as I'm told, moveable rear seats are only in cloth, not leather trim. Does anyone know any different?

Richard

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks Richard,
I havent seen that option in a first serie 164 over here, in Germany the most 164's had Recaro for extra.
If i can find a backseat than i have to use my TAN leather to replace the cloth.

But first i need a backseat and doorswitches/connecters....Prefer in TAN leather but not neccesary...

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Thanks Richard,
I havent seen that option in a first serie 164 over here, in Germany the most 164's had Recaro for extra.
If i can find a backseat than i have to use my TAN leather to replace the cloth.

But first i need a backseat and doorswitches/connecters....Prefer in TAN leather but not neccesary...
Hi,

I think it was only offered for the cloth trim was due to the greater flexibility of the material compared to leather. If you fnd out otherwise please let me know.

Cheers -)

·
Registered
22 Posts
The power seats I have are tan leather from a '91 model. I believe most all the US cars were the 164L variety with leather upholstery; I'm not so sure how common the power rear seats are though.

I'll try and dig the adjustable seats out of my parts car and take some photos this weekend. They are already loose so we'll see if we can make sense of the hardware and how they were mounted... :confused:

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
I've seen cloth seats on a least 164 in the USA. It was an "L" model with a manual, also had no sunroof. maybe it was ordered as a stripped own model.

Bye

·
Registered
427 Posts
I can't remember if the similar option in the Lancia Thema was discussed on the 164register, but it had a similar solution, where the rear seat can slide and when the rear door is opened, it will slide back to the original (upright) position.

This was available both with cloth and leather, from what I recall, and I know where a complete set of front and rear seats are available in brown leather, if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I'm very interested to see these rear seats too, can you put up pictures in the different positions and the switches, never seen them

Australia received blue cloth, cream leather and black leather in the series 1 and 2 12 valves

Of private 24 valve imports I have had, mustard leather and black leather

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry, took me two weekends to get to this.

Center armrest, base cushion, and one of the filler pieces that goes between the seat and the door:

I already pilfered a seat heat button:

Wiring underneath, relays too:

The bottom: That's not dried blood, it's red paint off the car. :smile2:

Motor and limit switch:

Top half, and the upper catch for the back. I have other hardware too that I can't quite recall where it came from:

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Wow! Thankyou for your effort with the photos, those are series 1 12 valve switches, is that what the seats came out of a 1988, 1989 or 1990 model?

Actually a series 1 blue cloth interior 164 I had came with that switch panel minus the adjustment switches, just the heating switches

Did rear adjusting seats come on the series 2 12 valves and 24 valves?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow! Thankyou for your effort with the photos, those are series 1 12 valve switches, is that what the seats came out of a 1988, 1989 or 1990 model?

Actually a series 1 blue cloth interior 164 I had came with that switch panel minus the adjustment switches, just the heating switches

Did rear adjusting seats come on the series 2 12 valves and 24 valves?
Good point for clarity - this is a 1991 164L, US model.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thank you very much Jeff, t sure helped. Now i ave to kep on searching, the iddle part wth bttons i already have.

thanks for making the pic's.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
The 164 base model was very rare in North America. They basically came without options.

The reclining rear seats were only a available in the L model with leather seats over here. They were two position rear seats. While a third belt might have been there it was impractical to sit on the middle section of the seat. The S model had the same issue.

The fixed rear seat version had three seating positions. Either came with heat.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Wow! Well what a part of 164 history, what a interesting feature, albeit one I have never come across personally, I would love to add one to one of my 164s if I ever come across a complete setup in black leather, wonder what would be involved in the electrical wiring side of things, has anyone ever seen this feature in other model cars?

Reading the posts over and looking at the pictures, is this correct there were two versions, on one version the back part reclined forward and reverse, on the other version the base part of the seat moved forward and reverse?

Did both versions have the open the door and they return to normal position feature?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts