Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The airbag warning light comes on and blinks for awhile before staying on in my 92 spider. I will eventually get it fixed, but my mechanic could not hook up his computer to the car to determine which sensor needs replacement. He thinks i need to find a shop with the original Alfa analyzer. This may take awhile and I will likely wait til spring. Is there a fuse to disconnect the airbag warning light in the meantime?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been trying to reset the airbag light with the instructions provided. I get codes 15, 16, 25,26. I do not get the code for the ground fault. Can I rule this one out based on the ecu reading? The codes seem to indicate I have to check for kinks or frayed wires and that I should check the connector plug. I have traced the wires and do not see any problems. I have to get some cleaner for the plugs, but was wondering if I should try the ground. What do you think?

15 Open circuit on forward left hand sensor
16 Failure to forward left hand sensor
24 Forward right hand sensor grounded to chasis
25 Open circuit on forward right hand sensor

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,085 Posts
Yeah, those are the most common codes and they're related to the two front sensors. Pull and clean the connectors. I would also try to improve the sensor grounding to the body as listed in the other thread (the grounding errors codes are typically related to the grounding of the control box...a bad ground at the sensors can cause the codes you're seeing)

Are you able to clear the codes? Important thing to remember after the clearing sequence...if you turn the key on and:

1) The light starts flashing *right away*, you didn't do the clear sequence properly
2) The light goes solid for a bit, turns out, and *then* starts flashing, you cleared the codes but a problem still exists

Let us know what you find out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts