Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My airbag light came on today. i was tracing wires for the low coolant light and had the cluster out. turns out i get signal all the way to the cluster and the light is good so probably bad circuit in the cluster. oh well. while i had the cluster out, i decided to do some more electrical work and had the ignition on at one point. when i reassembled (no extra parts :D ) my airbag light was blinking :eek: . is this because the cluster was out w/ key on? also, does anyone know if the marelli tester used for same era ferraris is the same as the alfa one? i dont mind the light as long as the system is still working.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
That was a very bad idea to turn the ignition on with the cluster out. Not such a big problem with a 91-93 models, since you can reset it with a simple jumper wire, not so with the later cars. You will need the Marelli tester to reset the later models from what I understand, hopefully I'm wrong. I once disconnected a ground wire in the center console area on my 91 and that made the airbag light come on. It's really not a good idea with any modern car to turn the ignition on with the cluster or other important dash wires disconnected.
Charles

·
Registered
443 Posts
I did the same in my Q4 (should be the same system as yours) and had to replace the ECU. Hope it is enough for you only to have it reset with a tester.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts