Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if I can get these air filters, and where I could get them (specifically the one with the hose leading to the idle air hose block)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
10,591 Posts
I would say that it looks like a Shankle QuadraFlow, a product sold 30 years ago by Shankle Engineering that was essentially a K&N filter with two curved tubes welded to the plate (see photo below). But the engine in your photo has four, individual filters, instead of two, dual filters. Lots has been written here on the BB about the disadvantages of using aftermarket filters, rather than the OE filter, with Spica injection.

I don't know if the one with the hose leading to the idle air hose thing is necessary, or if I can just block it of, leave it open, or put another small filter on it
I don't think the tube fitting at the #2 filter is anything unique; black plastic fittings that fit into sheet metal filters and accept vent tubes are a common part. For example, see: K&N Air Filter Assembly Vents 85-1120 And yes, the connection to the Spica manifold should go somewhere; it should NOT be blocked off. I have seen people use a small, individual filter rather than connect it to the air filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts