Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,793 Posts

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,205 Posts
That's a speed dent. It makes the car go faster.

I wouldn't say my S4 is dented there but it's definitely oddly shaped. I would assume it's a by-product of the stamping process.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
7,793 Posts

If you look closely you’ll see a crease and a dent on that one as well.
maybe very slight...though can't see it myself.

but yours, Cosimo's and alfaromeoblack's are extreem and certainly not normal imo...;)

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Don't forget about Guido! My guess this work was done at the factory. I have seen at least several QC issues with our spiders

·
Registered
49 Posts
It's really very simple, my brother Alfisti simpletons. The crease/dent, as you can clearly see, provides a pooling place for water. Water is a cooling agent for the intake air. Cooler air provides better performance. Obviously the Alfa engineers were ahead of their times. I'm really disappointed that some of you guys, that I rely on for advice, didn't spot this. I recently expanded on the engineers innovation and put a large dent in my hood to retain heat dissipating water. I think I gained 10whp.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It's really very simple, my brother Alfisti simpletons. The crease/dent, as you can clearly see, provides a pooling place for water. Water is a cooling agent for the intake air. Cooler air provides better performance. Obviously the Alfa engineers were ahead of their times. I'm really disappointed that some of you guys, that I rely on for advice, didn't spot this. I recently expanded on the engineers innovation and put a large dent in my hood to retain heat dissipating water. I think I gained 10whp.
I can’t stop laughing!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts