Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking to replace the air filter in my 1980 spider, but seem to be having trouble finding one. The filter seems to be specific only to the 80-81 model years. I found it listed on vicksauto but they seem to have it permanently out of stock.

Any suggestions on other places that might carry it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like that may be the correct fit. I'll have to take my tape measure to the one currently on my car and double check the dimensions before I order.

Thank you for your help.

·
Premium Member
21,146 Posts
I'm not sure. The 80/81 air canister is unique. The tubular carb filter (in the CA link) is similar to the 69-79 Spica filter but shorter by maybe 2". So it might work. I'd think almost no one would have the 80/81 element unless it happens to overlap with a more common one. Good luck on it.
You might try Jon Norman, 510 525-9435
Andrew

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
your one-year-only monofarfalla spica air filter canister is this one, the black spica air filter canister as opposed to the silver one?
(photos from BB's SpiderWebb)
do you have this sticker on yours? (unlikely the sticker is still there, but you never know!)

I tried searching the fispa and original alfa numbers.........nothing unfortunately, sorry.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your one-year-only monofarfalla spica air filter canister is this one, the black spica air filter canister as opposed to the silver one?
(photos from BB's SpiderWebb)
do you have this sticker on yours? (unlikely the sticker is still there, but you never know!)

I tried searching the fispa and original alfa numbers.........nothing unfortunately, sorry.

The canister on my car is the same as the one in this photo, same sticker on it also. I'll keep digging around, I'm sure one will turn up sooner or later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts