Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,795 Posts
Jay,
I had a real time conversation with Christian this morning at 3:30 AM. He's measuring one for me. Cross fingers. I have gotten measurements back that are in trimming range from a couple of sources but I want them in my hand before I dance a jig.
This job makes me crazy some times.
Ciao'
Bill
I just bought a complete air induction set. It has an original tan hose and a new black hose. Both oval and both a little over 12 inches.

I'm using this on my Giulia Super to make it correct. So if I read this thread right I need the longer hose.

These parts were packed away by an Alfa guy who passed away several years ago. The black hose which has never been used is probably 20 to 30 years old.

If you have a new longer one I would consider trading with you.

If this is of interest send me a PM and we'll talk.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Jim,
Somehow I'm having trouble with PMs, lets try this.
Jim,
I have the longer one brand new and will throw in a nice one that's likely new also but dirty. I really need a proper one I would like to trade.

Thanks
Bill

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Bill,

It looks like you may have a solution for your car.

If you get any data from OKP about the length of their oval hoses, please post that info here.

Thanks so much,

Ray

·
Premium Member
4,795 Posts
PM came through fine. Email sent.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Congrats Bill...and Jim. Nothing better than finding something original packed away for safe keeping decades ago, especially when you've been looking for decades!
Dave

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
That last post looks promising!
I have an oval hose 12 1/4" long that has been sitting here for years but just has a little shelf wear. Will take a couple pics and post if you want.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
So if I read this correctly,
Neither the Classic Alfa Part Number: EN048
Nor the OKP part Number:AR 35 004 005
are the correct length for the 101.18 Veloce.
And the Alfa Veloce RE003 is an unknown quantity and seemingly a lot more expensive, assuming I did the conversion to USD correctly.

looks like I'd better put the two old but usable examples I have in a safer place!
Bill Please keep us posted on the progress of your restoration.
lou

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Well, to gain some perspective on this air cleaner cross over hose issue, I scanned the 750-101 engine compartment thread; all 15 pages and 213 posts. In all of that, only Lionel Valez's post # 29, photo #3, seems to show a proper oval-shaped, air cleaner cross over hose that appears to be the correct length.

I did a google search and found several Giulia Spiders sporting some ratty-looking ACCOH's and all of them were too long. They were bunched up and looked like a dog's breakfast. Over the years, several GSV's, and some dual-Weber Abnormales, were sold by Fantasy Junction, but every one that I found photos of, had ratty ACCOH's and many were without any clamps on the upper plenum or the air cleaner filter housing's oval snout.

Bill reworked my OEM Normale air cleaner canister into a beautiful oval-snouted unit for my dual Webers, but if he can't find any of the 11" correct hoses, (or convince someone to produce them), I'm not hopeful that I will come across even a good-condition used one.

I'd rather not run with screened air horns as Tulsa is a dusty city. No offense to anyone, but I'm not going to use a bunched-up dryer-hose looking contraption after spending the money I have on my Spider.

A little help here:)

Thanks,

Ray

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Ray,
I got a lot of hoses in my quest, several will fit the 105 and two were short enough that I could trim 3/4 " off of each side. It worked fine. I got that hose from Hein Brand. The good 105 hoses came from Alfa Stop. I really think the short round hose for a 2600 could be squashed a bit and work, but I couldn't find one in stock.
Anyhow I have the one I needed. I have a life time supply of too long ones.
Ciao'
Bill

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
809,20 € for an air cleaner cross over hose?!

Bill,

Thanks for the reply; that hose looks just fine.

I just checked out the Hein Brand website and whoa...

809,20 € for a air cleaner cross over hose?!

Sweet Mother of Pearl! Where did I put that extra length of dryer vent hose)!

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Bill,

You're correct. Once I had regained consciousness, I put on my reading glasses and dared to visit the Hein Brand site, once again, and discovered my mistake.

Let me make certain that I have my ducks in a row, here, (not an Oregon pun, BTW):

The HB hose is oval shaped and 1/2" can be removed from both ends and everything will be copasetic; da vero?

Grazie,

Ray

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Ray,
3/4" off each side, worked for me. 1/2" might work fine too.
Another thing some of the plenums seem to have different length snouts (I compared the ones I have in the shop), same 105 part number, up to an inch longer or shorter snout. (Maybe some one trimmed the short one I have?) Perhaps the 105 plenum was trimmed for the Veloce. Keith Martin's Veloce has a short snout also. The part book is muddled on the subject, with both 101 and 105 numbers listed, Either way It looks right and fit's. That's my story.
Ciao'
Bill

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
You're not gonna believe this

Bill,

This has become comical:)

I went BACK to the HB website and discovered that they have most everything for the GIULIA SPIDER VELOCE » AIR SYSTEM 1600 VELOCE, EXCEPT the perishing hose, itself!!!

The one they have is round, not oval.

Is this just an old episode of Candid Camera in which someone gets punked, really good?! Maybe, the Twilight Zone... Just ahead; a sign post,,,

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
101/105Guy,

PM sent.

Ray

21 - 40 of 53 Posts