Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 84 spider veloce and I need to replace the rubber grommets that hold the air filter housing to the car body. Where can I get them and what are they called?

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I have an 84 spider veloce and I need to replace the rubber grommets that hold the air filter housing to the car body. Where can I get them and what are they called?
If I were in your shoes, I would:

1) Try to "fabricate" suitable replacements using pre-made rubber washers close to the correct size (or sheet rubber cut to the right ID and OD) mated with small sections of rubber hose cut to the proper lengths. You could also try forming solid block/rod rubber with a drill motor and sandpaper; or

2) Call Larry at APE (Alfa Parts exchange) and ask if he has any good used ones; or,

3) (As a last resort) buy something like this:
1987 Alfa Romeo Spider Air Cleaner Air Filter Box | eBay

Good luck,

·
Registered
8,084 Posts
agree with Edward....... you will not find original AR parts.......I have checked the part nos (S4 spider, but basically identical) on google and come up with zilch/nada/zero!

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked McMaster Carr website and they have what appears to be the exact size. Will order tommorow but might have to order a bunch. If they work I will have extras for anyone interested

1 - 6 of 6 Posts