Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving back from the F1 GP race in Mtl, I was downshifting coming up on a pair of slow moving Harleys, at that moment the Air bag light started to blink for a few minutes and then stayed on. I've cycled the key and same occurs every time . I've pulled the battery cables for a few minutes but the error code remains in the ECU.
I remember seeing a thread on this sometime ago but just can't seem to find it. Is there an easy way of clearing the ECU of this code / determing which sensor (of the three) caused this activity????

Would appreciate any assistance from fellow Alfists..

grazie di nuovo

sz :cool:

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Hey Sam:

It will depend on that code you get as to what to fix before resetting. Follow those directions and post up your code. My bet...16 or 26. These are codes for the sensors. Two things plaig them. First...the sensor body is supposed to ground on that mount via the screws. So remove those screws...chase the holes, spray contact cleaner on them, get some serrated washers and reinstall. Second, the connector that is on the inner fender on either side where the sensor harness meets the car's airbag harness also looses contact. Again...make the connections better via a little sand paper on the prongs, a bunch of contact cleaner, and some dielectric grease. After you have prep'd the sensors...might as well do both....reset the light and enjoy until the next time. The connections are tempermental for sure.

Best Regards,
John M

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,657 Posts
The connections are tempermental for sure.
Yeah, the three wire connectors at the sensors are definitely a big part of the problem. I finally ended up cutting out the connectors and just splicing and soldering the wires. Seemed to help quite a bit.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I have thought of doing the same thing Tom. I would love not to be the guy who puts the initial cut into this really clean harness that is without mods. I can see it now 20 years down the road.....someone posting up on the alfabb saying that their idiot PO (referring to me) really f'd up their airbag harness.:D

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Airbag

John M, Gubi, Greg....thk you, front left sensor loose connection was the culprit,

back to flying by Harleys without being distracted by the light on the dash....

mille grazie a tutti
sz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts