Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I know...another oil conversation! ;) Maybe we need a new category for oil and spark plugs? :D

I was surfing and thought I would see if AGIP oil was still available in this country as it was the recommended oil for Alfa's when the 164 was introduced as the only oil to use. The AGIP 2000 Sint was the choice at the time and was synthetic. After AR pulled out there has been little said about AGIP oil. The website shows that they have a line of lubricants and are very active on the east coast.

Anyone using AGIP products?

·
Registered
105 Posts
SNT 2000 Agip in my S4

Been using it for a while, stopped for a while also, because it was US oil in Agip container, but now it is Italian made once again available for sale in Canada. We have to be carefull because lots of cheaper in price US made but I wanted the quality and you have to pay for it
SNT 2000 full syn is $7.50 a liter here in Eastern Canada

·
Registered
897 Posts
I've never seen it here in the US. Where would one find it on the east coast? Wouldn't want to have a case shipped. Saw pleeennty of it in Italy.

·
Premium Member
9,744 Posts
Been using it for a while, stopped for a while also, because it was US oil in Agip container, but now it is Italian made once again available for sale in Canada. We have to be carefull because lots of cheaper in price US made but I wanted the quality and you have to pay for it
SNT 2000 full syn is $7.50 a liter here in Eastern Canada
Yes, it is all italian made or at least to italian special recipe. Very good stuff. Another option that I find very good is either Pentosin or Liqui-moly.
I use the 5W-40 full synthetic Pentosin-High.
I have cases of it if ever interested? $6.99 each or 12 for $5.99
Has a bit of Molybdenum Disulfide (MoS2) anti-friction lubricant.
May be easier to find.
AmericanAgip seems to be low on stock with oils.
They are located in Pennsylvania! It has a different packaging but all the same stuff as in Europe.

Jason

·
Registered
193 Posts
Do an online...

...search for distributors. You might well find one not too too far away from you. Also, some Italian car repair shops can get it for you; the minor downside with getting direct from distributors is that the distributors often only sell in some sort of bulk quantity/size container. Not much of a problem really....

·
Premium Member
9,744 Posts
...search for distributors. You might well find one not too too far away from you. Also, some Italian car repair shops can get it for you; the minor downside with getting direct from distributors is that the distributors often only sell in some sort of bulk quantity/size container. Not much of a problem really....
I carry it.
Jason

·
Registered
897 Posts
http://www.americanagip.com/

I'm totally getting some, just cause I've been seeing that logo since I was a kid on the side of Italian race cars!

I'm on the Jersey/PA border, just have to figure out where to pick up a couple cases. I think shipping a case via UPS would cost more than the case itself.

I'll have to call and find a distributor.

·
Registered
897 Posts
From the site, it looks like the chain convenience store in the south Jersey, PA, VA, etc area carry it. I'm going to have to go check it out and clear ther shelves.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nj

Whereabouts in NJ are you? I'm in Southern, near Bridgeton, used to live in Phila, then moved to England for a bit, now back here. A local repair shop can get it I believe ("Fast Company" in Vineland).

Regards,

Adam

·
Registered
897 Posts
Looks like the NJ distributor is in Hainesport, near Burlington. South Jersey. I'm going to check out Wawa, see if I can pick up a whole bunch! I'm a little too excited about this, I think. Talk about buying the label.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HEY! Save some oil for me! :D Seriously, it is an east coast oil so shipping a $65 case of AGIP syn would be costly. I wrote them an email asking about the zinc controversy to see what they have in there oil for zinc levels. Will post an answer to the zinc thread. Glad you folks can find what you want now for oil. :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
You can purchase a case directly from AGIP here in the states at the link above, I did so last year (only use AGIP in my Spider). :)

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts
I wonder if WAWA sells Full Syn and Synblend or just the XL oil as shown on link shown above?

Here is Aqip website: http://www.americanagip.com/

I used to use it when my 164 was new got it free from dealer while car under warranty as engine used a bit between oil changes and still does. I think what Alfa used was actualy Aqip Synblend type of oil.

We used to have two AQIP mini marts and gas stations in Hampton, VA. When they changed over to Miller Marts I bought up all the Aqip oil they had left and it lasted me a couple years.

I finally had to switch over to Castrol SynBlend and have been using that for last 10-12 years.

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts
Found AGIP at the local WAWA only in 10w30. Some WAWA's sell gas, altho this one did not...
What were they selling 10w30XL or did they have synblend or full syn too?

·
Registered
897 Posts
It was the 10w30 conventional oil. Had about 12 quarts. This was a type of WAWA that just sold coffee, smokes, sodas, snacks. Some WAWA's are full service gas stations, might check one of them out and hopefully find some 10w40 and 20w50!

·
Registered
897 Posts
It was $3.45 a quart at WAWA. Not bad if you just need a quart, but not the price I wanted to stock up on at. Sheesh. I guess I'll have to find teh distributor.

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts
It was $3.45 a quart at WAWA. Not bad if you just need a quart, but not the price I wanted to stock up on at. Sheesh. I guess I'll have to find teh distributor.
Pretty pricey for regular oil.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts