Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of different wheel options for the Giulietta? I'm looking for either GTA replica, or vintage competition wheel repros for my Sprint.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Did I see your Sprint at Cars & Coffee a couple months ago?

Join the 750-101 Group on Yahoo if you haven't and do a Search for replica wheels. Not saying they are still available, but the chatter will give you some leads.

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Max at Alfaholics is arranging to have some mag editions of the SZ wheel made.:D

15 X 4.5, or 5, or 5.5

Let him know your interest.:)

·
Registered
73 Posts
A few years ago I produced a magnesium replica of the SZ wheel, and I am now making a cast aluminium version of the same wheel.It is in die cast aluminium, and weighs 6.2kgs, and is available in 5 X 15 or 5.5 X 15.
Cost is £175:00 per wheel.

Chris Robinson

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Some SZ replica wheels are relatively heavy (Hildebrand?), Reid, so try to avoid those to lessen unsprung weight.

Glenn Oliveria runs a set of racing Panasports on his '55 Sprint for the track; you might be able to find street versions if you like the Minilite look, but can't locate a set.

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
PSB

Good pics--both sets look good.

What SZ wheels in the second picture?

Thanks

Bob

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Hi Chris Very cool Please post some photos of what you make for our cars.
Are Yours Lighter Than The Hildabran (sp) If so just a bit.
Bob, Mine are the Alum. Hildabran also from England some where. thay are about the same LBs as the Stock wheels But more sold and stiff. As Pat said if unsprung is what you want go with the race wheels... But if on the street On pot hole and there bent. I know I drive around Berkekley and Oakland and the light wheels can not take the little pot holes. I drive to miss them But every so offten thay get you.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Peter,
The wheels should be about 6.2kgs,the Heinbrand wheels when I last weighed one was over 8kgs.They are still very strong because they are heat treated and have strengthening ribs in the rear, the same as the magnesium wheels I made a few years back.I hope to have the first wheels in my hands early next week, and will try to get some photos and technical specs.

Chris

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Chris

Have you been out partying?--It is 1:15 in the morning GMT.

Bob

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a set of Chris's mag wheels on my SZ and they are terrific. Strong, light, good looking and they fit without spacers etc etc. If the new alloys are to this standard then they will be the must-have for road or track on your Giulietta or Giulia

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Very cool:cool:.

Those with a "Mag" appetite, but on an "Alloy" budget are looking forward to the full description on Chris's new wheel.:)

·
Registered
73 Posts
The wheel finish is silver.It's just a reflection from the floor surface with the flash that gives the gold effect.A more accurate colour can be found if you look on the web site link in a previous post.

Chris

1 - 20 of 33 Posts