Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Been shopping for some new wheels for my baby. I found some I like, However, the technical details of wheels and how they fit are not my specialty. So my question is, what modifications would need to be made to get these wheels to fit a Milano if they will even fit at all? I have the wheel specs. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks

Brand: Motegi
Model: MR141
Part Number: MR14157051715
Backspacing: 4.59
Offset: +15
Wheel Diameter: 15
Wheel Width: 7
Hub Bore: 72.60
Load Rating: 1850
Wheel Exposed Lugs: Yes
Wheel Material: Alloy
Wheel Structure: One Piece
Wheel Spoke Number: Multi
Bolt Patterns: 5x100

·
Registered
137 Posts
Offset should be between +35, +25, however +15 does fit in the rear (front, you're going to hit the fenderliner)
Also, bolt pattern on a Milano/75 is 5x98. With special sliding wheelnuts this could work, but then the hub bore should be correct, which it isnt (not sure if there are rings from that size down to the milano size)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Offset should be between +35, +25, however +15 does fit in the rear (front, you're going to hit the fenderliner)
Also, bolt pattern on a Milano/75 is 5x98. With special sliding wheelnuts this could work, but then the hub bore should be correct, which it isnt (not sure if there are rings from that size down to the milano size)
Ok. So I should probably find different wheels. Definitely don't want to be hitting/rubbing the fenderliner. Thanks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So after researching a bit (and remembering wheel spacers exist) would these solve the fender rubbing issue? It seems these on the front would solve the fitment issue aside from the lug nuts. Where would I go to find sliding wheel nuts?

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Where are you located I have a set of Kosei K1 lightweight wheels with Kumho XS 215/45/16 for sale. 5x98mm 58.5mm hub.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so I've done some research and I think I understand what I need. So basically I really really want white rally style wheels that won't break the bank if possible. With that said, if I understand this correctly, is all I need wheel spacers/lug pattern adapters and hub centric rings? Would that allow me to fit basically any wheel I want? Or is that going to be unsafe or more trouble than it's worth? Thoughts? Any recommendations on white rally wheels?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Thoughts - find a wheel you like that fits a front wheel drive car in 5 X 100 lug pattern. This will get you close on backspacing and close enough to use "wobble washers" under the lug nuts. You will want to also use centering rings if the bore is different than 58.5mm. With the washers adapting the bolt pattern, the centering ring / bore / hub fit will be important.

Spacers + centering rings + wobble washers just sounds like too many opportunities for something to go wrong.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thoughts - find a wheel you like that fits a front wheel drive car in 5 X 100 lug pattern. This will get you close on backspacing and close enough to use "wobble washers" under the lug nuts. You will want to also use centering rings if the bore is different than 58.5mm. With the washers adapting the bolt pattern, the centering ring / bore / hub fit will be important.

Spacers + centering rings + wobble washers just sounds like too many opportunities for something to go wrong.
Ok gotcha. What are wobble washers? A google search doesn't yield anything except wobbling washing machines or woodworking forums. Where would I find some?

·
Premium Member
16,689 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,689 Posts
Variation bolts or nuts, also labeled as wobble bolts or nuts. I've used the bolt version on my 164. I was just implying that they work whether bolts or nut design. You have a Milano. They do work and are approved, They work for 5x100 wheels on Alfa 5x98 hub bolt hole or stub patterns.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Variation bolts, also labeled as wobble bolts. I've used them. They work well and are approved by the appropriate authorities. They work for 5x100 wheels on Alfa 5x98 hub bolt hole patterns.
Ok! Gotcha. So in order to use those, the factory studs need to come off yeah?

·
Premium Member
16,689 Posts
These replace bolts if the car uses wheel bolts, as in the 164. If the car uses nuts on hub studs, you would use the variation nuts, aka wobble nuts.

I suggest you contact Serpent for best advice.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
These replace bolts if the car uses wheel bolts, as in the 164. If the car uses nuts on hub studs, you would use the variation nuts, aka wobble nuts.

I suggest you contact Serpent for best advice.
Ok, thanks a bunch! I appreciate the time to answer my newbie questions!

·
Premium Member
16,689 Posts
Yup. Lots to learn.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Here is what I was thinking of. Notice that the washer under the nut can move radially to fit in the seat of the wheel hole, while the nut portion aligns on the stud.

·
Premium Member
16,689 Posts
Sure, if the washer matches the wheel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts