Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1972 GTV 2000
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently purchased a 72 GTV 2000 that has some... poor quality aftermarket accessories. I’d like to delete this aftermarket water temperature sender. Any guidance on what type of plug to put in its place?

For bonus points, the car has a newer head that has the temperature warning light sender that I also want to delete. Anyone know the part for the replacement plug here?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Hello Christopher and welcome to the alfa bb :)

I think I have the cap for your cylinder head. I will check on Monday.

For the other place, if you want to remove the water temperature sender, you can put a suitable screw.
In the style of the one on your photo, above the water temperature sender.

If you want to replace the water temperature sender, you have this for your car.

Chris

·
Registered
1972 GTV 2000
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Chris, Thanks so much for the info. If you have one of those caps, that would be awesome. For the screw to replace the water temp sender with, is there a type of metal that works better when in contact with the coolant system? Brass?

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
More then likely the head is from an Alfetta. They used the overhaet light sensor on on top. The Spiders didn't start using it until 86. The intake porting on the head is different.

The sensor behind the thremostat is were the factory temp sender for the gauge goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts