Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking into getting aftermarket seats as it seems the stock seats on my milano have a plastic box on the outside edge that would prevent them from being lowered. I really like Sparco's R333 seats due to the styling, color scheme and the fact that they are kind of a compromise between race and daily seats. But I'm not sure if they would work. Does anyone know of dimensions that would work/seats that have been used to any amount of success? Any help is welcome. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Hi
That plastic box covers a metal box. The metal box is what prevents the seat from being lowered. I'm calling that box, the seat riser.
The OEM seat rides on a seat rail, it's the same seat rail used on all Milano including the Verde which has Recaro seats. The bottom part of the seat rail bolts to the seat riser /metal box, the upper part of the seat rail, which is the part that moves, bolts to the underside of the OEM seats

Anyway separate your OEM seat from the OEM rail, and see if the rail will bolt onto the underside of the Sparco. Better yet buy some more OEM seat rails from Larry at APE, and you can experiment with those, and not have your car out of service. Check out the thread Roxane the race car and you can see there seat solution. They mounted race car seat mounts on top of the seat riser /metal box. I think later in the thread they removed the seat riser /metal box, and mounted the seat mounts directly to the floor.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
82 Posts
Cut out the metal seat risers and weld them in lower, then you can have aftermarket seats at a normal height.
I've tried some Recaros on the stock risers, and they were way too high.

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
I mounted a Recaro much like the Milano Verde Recaros in my Berlina using these track adapters:

They do require some drilling, but they allow you to mount the seat pretty much exactly where you want it. They also make them in aluminum.

Making seat adapters isn't hard, even two pieces of 1/4" steel flat stock can work. Boot the inside seat track through a hole in the steel into the floor, then bolt the outside of the seat to the flat stock and the other end of the flat stock to the floor. That's about as low as you can get.

Just remember to use high quality fasteners as seats are under tremendous forces in an accident.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys for the advice!
So I forgot to mention this in my original post but I an a tall guy and am looking to get some more headroom in my car. So using the stock sliders and such seems a no go seeing as how it was mentioned earlier that they mount really high on those. So, is there a way to get the seat really low but also use sliders? I would appreciate it if the seat could move forwards and back but if not I mean it is what it is.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
All paths to really low seats involve removing or cutting down, the metal seat risers. Then you can mount the seat to the floor, or mount the sliders to the floor and the seat to the sliders either way you'll be as low as you can go.

Problem is, getting rid of the seat risers without damaging the carpet. You can get good access to the outside riser (the ones nearest to the door), good enough access to weld and or drill out the spot welds, by removing the trim around the carpet at the door, the seat belts bolts and the rear seat cushion. The interior seat riser near the driveshaft tunnel are harder to uncover. You'll need to get out the center console the parking brake handle and the radio console, then you either flip the carpet forward onto the dash, and work with it there.or try to remove the carpet entirely by pulling it out from underneath the HVAC box.

All of this makes more sense when you are sitting in the car with all the seats removed.

Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts