Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have the aftermarket replacement power window regulator from Centerline installed on their Spider? The cableless one. Curious about the installation. If you have it installed, could you post pics of the install or maybe the instructions for installing? Want to see what's involved. Do you use the original window guides and just remove the old regulator with the cable and all the pulleys etc? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,029 Posts
i thought about getting a power window reg. off a japanese type car, when my fails.. i have looked at a few cars and they should not be hard to adapt to.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking of maybe using one of those universal flat glass street/hot rod power window kits. They look pretty simple, the ones with the Goldie style regulator or maybe the ones with the Bowden style regulator. Then just using the relays and switches already in the car.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
So, has anyone of you guys actually installed an aftermarket regulator and if so, which one?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,854 Posts
So, has anyone of you guys actually installed an aftermarket regulator and if so, which one?
Thanks
I installed the Centerline power window regulators back in 2015 and happy that I did.

The Driver side was plug and play. The Passenger side needed a hole to be drilled in the door.

My windows were incredibly sluggish with the original regulators.

Good luck,

Vin

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
I installed the Centerline power window regulators back in 2015 and happy that I did.

The Driver side was plug and play. The Passenger side needed a hole to be drilled in the door.

My windows were incredibly sluggish with the original regulators.

Good luck,

Vin
I figured those would work okay but some were saying that if you bought from an Alfa parts source, they would cost double what you could get a universal set for but so far, no luck finding out where Centerline or Mr. Fiat gets theirs nor finding anyone that has actually tried using a universal one.
I wasn't going to be the beta site for testing a theory.
Money being no object, I would go with the Centerline ones as they have been tried. I am sure that they just buy them from someone and if I knew who, I would go there to buy.
That being said, I am not the one who needs them right now but tomorrow I could be. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
3,854 Posts
If it helps here are pictures of the label. Funny how half is missing ;)

IMG_3990.JPG
IMG_3994.JPG

They were pricey but worth it at the time for me.

Good luck,

Vin

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Reactions: Vintre

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Vin, this looks like the same product but at a much better price. I used the part number (AR04AL) in your photo to do a Google search, thinking the AR might refer to Alfa Romeo. It appears that the L refers to "left" as AR04AR is the right-hand unit.

Has anyone ever heard of or used this supplier in Spain?

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Vin, this looks like the same product but at a much better price. I used the part number (AR04AL) in your photo to do a Google search, thinking the AR might refer to Alfa Romeo. It appears that the L refers to "left" as AR04AR is the right-hand unit.

Has anyone ever heard of or used this supplier in Spain?

View attachment 1676053
Thanks. I am on their website but do not see the regulator. Still looking

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Thanks. I am on their website but do not see the regulator. Still looking
Unfortunately, they say that there are no carriers that they use that can ship to me

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Maybe a group buy? Never hurt to have on hand.

1993 Spider Veloce
2016 4c Coupe
2018 4c Spider

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I sent a message to the manufacturer asking for a list of suppliers in Europe. It's crazy that Centerline sells for $260 the same unit that's available in Europe for about 78 Euros (and Mr. Fiat wants $300). It's even more sketch that Centerline tries to hide all of the manufacturer info by covering up the original markings with stickers and/or removing the manufacturer's stickers.

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,029 Posts
I sent a message to the manufacturer asking for a list of suppliers in Europe. It's crazy that Centerline sells for $260 the same unit that's available in Europe for about 78 Euros (and Mr. Fiat wants $300). It's even more sketch that Centerline tries to hide all of the manufacturer info by covering up the original markings with stickers and/or removing the manufacturer's stickers.
look on the net,, you will find the same ones here for less than 140$.. match the photos... were do you think centreline and mr fiat are getting the same lifts from?

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
look on the net,, you will find the same ones here for less than 140$.. match the photos... were do you think centreline and mr fiat are getting the same lifts from?
Hard to tell for certain if they are actually the same or just similar

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Just curious how you found their website. It says the brand is autolift but my google search did not come up with anything about window regulators

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
the instructions sure show a spider door.........and there is no mention of having to change positions of screw holes etc., as I have sometimes read here when people have tried it.
That is a very fair priced alternative to those horrid cables, for sure.

Greg, when you asked the spanish firm about sending you some, what was the reason they gave, that they couldn't ?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts