Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change my headlights on my 86 graduate to halo headlights because they are more aesthetically pleasing and my headlights right now are not very bright, was wondering if any of you know how to determine compatibility with aftermarket headlights or have any recommendations. I found some that are compatible for an 88 spider, and i am pretty sure there is nothing that different about the two models, so any confirmation on if the 86 spider and 88 have the same headlights/wiring then i would just purchase the 88 halo's and have no problems, thank you.

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,507 Posts
i have a pair of LED headlights on my car.. i turned off the halo.. too boy racer, and it looked strange

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts
I want to change my headlights on my 86 graduate to halo headlights because they are more aesthetically pleasing and my headlights right now are not very bright, was wondering if any of you know how to determine compatibility with aftermarket headlights or have any recommendations. I found some that are compatible for an 88 spider, and i am pretty sure there is nothing that different about the two models, so any confirmation on if the 86 spider and 88 have the same headlights/wiring then i would just purchase the 88 halo's and have no problems, thank you.
Whatever lights fit on a 1986 will fit on any spider. I run H4 housings with LEDs and or Halogen in different cars

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Any 7” round light for the North American market should work, fit the housings.
If your current lights are actually dim that’s indicating you have a problem in the system which would be better to fix before swapping. A bad headlight switch, grounds or bulb connectors will still be affecting performance after the switch. I don’t know when spiders got headlight relays from the factory, that might be newer than 86.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
uhm. Hell no. Ugh.

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts
Any 7” round light for the North American market should work, fit the housings.
If your current lights are actually dim that’s indicating you have a problem in the system which would be better to fix before swapping. A bad headlight switch, grounds or bulb connectors will still be affecting performance after the switch. I don’t know when spiders got headlight relays from the factory, that might be newer than 86.
Not even S4s had relays for the headlights

1 - 6 of 6 Posts