Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering replacing a fuel tank in an S3 spider. It seems that all of the replacement tanks I have seen do not have the baffle inside. What is the worst thing about not having the baffle and are there any out there with the baffle that I have missed?
THanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am considering replacing a fuel tank in an S3 spider. It seems that all of the replacement tanks I have seen do not have the baffle inside. What is the worst thing about not having the baffle and are there any out there with the baffle that I have missed?
THanks
I recently replaced the fuel tank in my 1990 Spider with one from Vick Autosports. The baffles in my old factory fuel tank look like they just provided shrouding around the fuel pickup mesh strainer. I doubt the baffling provided any sort of protection from fuel sloshing away from the pickup during spirited driving. Baffles or not, I think it's more important to ensure you get the fuel level float and arm aligned to either the left or right side of the fuel tank, to minimize the fuel gauge needle swinging erratically between E and F during stopping and starting while driving.

Reactions: pantera928

·
Registered
198 Posts
I considered the same. I wound up just cleaning the track and coating it. Bought a new sending unit and had the plastic float replaced with a brass one from a MG.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts