Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I had a collision a year ago with my loved spider and i saved enough money to try to do something. Hohever, i would love you opinion about the damage and what you think is my best option in this case.

The tale of the accident is in this post:
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spider-1966-up/176718-first-post-accident.html

Here is a list of 10 pictures.
imgur: the simple image sharer

thanks for your comment.

ps: Also I'm in the Vancouver area, so any help from people around here is welcomed.

Vincent.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Get out of your car slowly but puposefully and walk over to the other car with your tire iron and....

Tell the police it was self defense.

Edit: If there are any children in the other car be the bigger man and adopt them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey Vincent,

Looks like you and I have the same question "What to do?" See my post at

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spider-1966-up/196602-crunch-what-do-do.html

Seems we have similar damage at least on the body. I don't think I have any serious structural damage and the car is somewhat driveable even with a bent upper wishbone. And the engine is fine.

My accident happened about two months ago and the car was considered totaled because of the huge expense in replacing fenders and such. They estimated well over $6000. Right now I'm in the process of removing (bumper) and bending back things (fender) to get a better look.

Shortly I will have a friend with extensive body work experience look at the car and give me his assessment.

It's a tough decision whether to go for a fix or just cut it loose. So keep the faith and when I hear more I'll get back to you.

BTW I'm in Spokane so not too far away.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Vincent,
In your post from last year you wrote that you this was covered by your insurance. Did you take it to any shops for an evaluation and estimate? That would be my first move.
Has your insurance co had an adjuster look at it?

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Mine was just hit by an explorer in the back that drove me into the front of the car ahead of me. It was around $4000 in damage. I repaired it and it looks better than new. From looking at your pictures yours should be less. You can get a new nose clip and side lights from IAP. You will have to find a junk yard for the bumpers (Alfa Parts Exchange in Tracy, CA). There is also some small metal realigning that will need to be done under the clip and the hood mounts. The good news is (as with mine) the hood appears in good shape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts