Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1621 - 1627 of 1627 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
NP gents. You know all of my direct inquiries with larger hardware suppliers were totally fruitless and it was only by chance that I happened upon this e-bay seller.....:smile2:

Next on my immediate list are M3,5x19 DIN7983 screws (in chrome or stainless) that are used to secure the interior door card panels...so if anyone has sourced these please let me know. There is an e-bay seller out of Germany selling screws in an M4,2 x 19 size...but only in zinc plate finish....these will be my least preferred option...

8G X 3 4" Pozi Raised CSK Self Tapping Screws Stainless DIN 7983 25 Pack | eBay

View attachment 855321

Also, for those of you that have built your own door cards, what grommet and finishing washer configuration did you go with? I've been looking for these for a while now to no avail.

View attachment 855329
What a fabulous thread. What a fabulous thread. My '69 uses slotted countersunk screws. I now realise I should be looking for philips heads!

·
Administrator
12,915 Posts
Yes this thread of 1750GT's is a wonderful reference for restoration details of a 1750 GTV

Pete

Reactions: AaronsSpider

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,623
... What a fabulous thread. My '69 uses slotted countersunk screws. I now realize I should be looking for philips heads!
Thank you for the kind words....glad to hear that it's been useful to you.

One thing I learned to be careful about when switching to stainless screws is that some of them are much lower strentgh than the original alloy steel and plated ones. In particular the M2.2 sizes were very easy to shear off as more of the screw engaged (and what a pain they were to drill out afterwards). So to minimize this I made sure that a good original alloy steel screw could be first threaded in properly before attempting to install the weaker stainless screw ...do not force these tiny screws home....incrementally screw them in a back and forth manner until it's fully home......FWIW.

Also...I have an excel spreadsheet list of all the hardware for the GTV (interior and exterior trim) that you may find very useful. This was not my list...but one put together by another BB'er whose handle escapes me now....apologies to that person. The file is too large to post up...but if you send me a PM with you email address I can send it to you.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have not had the time to post up details of this ...just to many things to do at the moment...plus until I actually successfully complete the rebuild .....I wouldn't want anyone to follow what I've done...just in case this little exercise turns out to be a flop. So this will have to wait till later.

I did contact a diesel shop in our area...but they had no experience (or knowledge) of the Spica pumps. They seemed willing to try...but they'd have to modify or build an adapter for their test bench ...which would be at my cost...I just don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling with the shop.

On the other end of the scale.....this shop out of Germany certainly seems to have the expertise.

Does anyone have any experience with this shop?
Hi Rossano, I did used them for a Montreal pump 6 months a go, very pleased with the results, and a very good price too, I surely will recomend them

·
Registered
50 Posts
This was not my list...but one put together by another BB'er whose handle escapes me now....apologies to that person. The file is too large to post up...but if you send me a PM with you email address I can send it to you.
PM being sent Rossano, It's taken me a week to read through this post and I just love what you've done. I love originality too and will be looking to restore a little to my car which to be fair has had only improvements and not change for change sake. I've posted a couple of questions already on the BB but have taken on board the advice you've given to many others and will be creating a thread uniquely for my 1750. Andrew.

1621 - 1627 of 1627 Posts