Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1281 - 1300 of 1595 Posts

·
Registered
11,687 Posts
I do hope Rossano, you enter her in an appropriate concours competition as she is going to set a new record for score. Do you have to be invited to Pebble Beach?

Pete

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,282
I do hope Rossano, you enter her in an appropriate concours competition as she is going to set a new record for score. Do you have to be invited to Pebble Beach?
Pete
Hey Pete you're putting a lot of pressure on me!

Just my thoughts, but I think rossano could study up on YouTube on how to be a heart surgeon.And he'd be a great one!!! (These are the things one conjures up during a tornado warning!!)
You guys are too much!

But seriously....I pray you and family (and all Florida based Alfabbers) have weathered this monster storm safely!

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts

Pete
Please let me know when you do enter the Concours so I can pull out ...

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,285
Please let me know when you do enter the Concours so I can pull out ...
Rich...I'm sure your cars have held up their hoods proudly in a few concours already. Plus...I look forward to the day when they can be displayed together in the same event....that would be a real treat! Maybe your recent 69 GTV acquisition from Vy will be ready around the same time as mine?

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,286
Now before we get ahead of ourselves .....I'm in need of a couple of items hopefully someone can help me out.

First....a pair of Mixxo claxons (horns). Mine a broken and badly rusted and I'd rather not have to repair them as it'd be a chore to do. i posted a thread for these in the For Sale forum.

Second....i could use a good Fispa fuel filter housing. This is would be the one with the lower black ABS outer casing. I don't need a complete assembly...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Excellent progress since I last checked in. Enjoyed seeing the restoration of seat hardware since I am just finishing up reconditioning the leather in my '85 Spider with the seats out of the car. I was curious about the internals of seat back adjusters and latches, and your pics answered all my un-asked questions. Much appreciated, even though it was only curiosity and there are probably some differences between '69 and '85 hardware.

One thing I'm wondering about is how best to clean and lube the seat rails without doing a full disassembly. I read that earlier cars had wooden rollers at some point; mine appeared on cursory inspection to have ball bearings. What was used in '69?

I'm tempted blast them with a mild de-greaser and compressed air, and apply (sparingly) some PJ1 motorcycle chain lube at strategic points (solvents in the spray evaporate to leave a heavy grease). I don't want to make a big mess and risk getting solvents/oils on my freshly rejuvenated leather (!), but I'd like to avoid disassembling the rails and having to struggle to get the latching mechanisms/springs back together. The slides are running reasonably smoothly as-is, but they are a little sticky and could undoubtedly be a lot better.

Threads like this make me so thankful that I am only having to clean, lubricate and remove a little surface rust from most parts to bring things back to near-new condition.

I remain in awe of your determination and resourcefulness, and dedication to documenting everything here for our benefit.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,289
Excellent progress since I last checked in....One thing I'm wondering about is how best to clean and lube the seat rails without doing a full disassembly. I read that earlier cars had wooden rollers at some point; mine appeared on cursory inspection to have ball bearings. What was used in '69?
Basically just the rails sliding one t'other ...which is a rather crude design and with not even a wooden roller in the mix. I tried applying just a very light coat of regular grease...but it was not very successful in creating a smooth action. I didn't want to go too heavy with it so as to not end up trapping a lot of grime and dust between the sliders. So I'm open to suggestions on improving this.

...Threads like this make me so thankful that I am only having to clean, lubricate and remove a little surface rust from most parts to bring things back to near-new condition. I remain in awe of your determination and resourcefulness, and dedication to documenting everything here for our benefit.
Thank you for the kind words. Keeping the thread going is helping me to keep going on the car too....

·
Out of the office!
11,308 Posts
Basically just the rails sliding one t'other ...which is a rather crude design and with not even a wooden roller in the mix. I tried applying just a very light coat of regular grease...but it was not very successful in creating a smooth action. I didn't want to go too heavy with it so as to not end up trapping a lot of grime and dust between the sliders. So I'm open to suggestions on improving this.
I used a light coating of lithium grease.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,296
on my 67 Duetto the only sticker was the black lubes one, placed haphazardly on the passenger side above the middle.

Robert
I'm thinking that since 1969 was the year EPA and DOT started clamping down on emissions, the manufacturers may have had to pay more attention to ensuring these were installed and delivered with the vehicles.

·
Out of the office!
11,308 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,353 Posts
I seem to remember a wooden roller in my Berlina seats but not in the coupe either.

1281 - 1300 of 1595 Posts