Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Hi Rossano,

This is a perfect canidate for a nice restoration project. Nice to know we will soon see a nice 69 at our club events. If you need any assistance, support, etc, just let me know. Have fun and good luck!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
You are doing one hell of a job Rossano, keep up the great work.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Hi Rosanno,
My condolences to you and your family on the passing of your father.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Hi Rossano,

Your perserverance, dedication and attention to detail amazes me always. This is definetely a project that is not for the faint of heart!! Keep up the great work!

AT

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Looks good Rossano. There is a GT Junior being restored near my Fathers place.
The car will be Verde Pino. The owner wanted the underside painted the same as the body. At first I wasn't to keen on that, but now that its done, it looks pretty sharp, especially with the detail of all the suspension bits, etc. If you want to see it just let me know.

The underside of your car looks much to nice to undercoat imho.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Hi Rossano,

This is a great post in which i'm sure will help many, including me. I also bought a crimping tool for about $12, its non-ratcheting. I am not sure if I actually like the way it crimps the connectors. If I may ask, can you post a close up picture of the final crimped connection to compare?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Hi Rossano,

Alfa's of that era never had those clear plastic covers over the connectors - do you plan on removing those at some point for more of an original look?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Hey Rossano,

It looks great! I agree with the money still required to pump into a project like yours.
A wet sanding and polish can always be just before bumpers, lights and trim goes back on the body. It becomes tempting now to throw it all back together and get it on the road... I know you won't do that!! Take the time you need to properly do the re-assembly. This is what will set your restoration apart from all the others. Its all in the little details from here on in!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I would leave the Inzione badge off. It never looked right from the factory, and if some future owner wants it on, they can add it themselves.
Sorry to get off topic, but what do you mean by this?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Weld up the holes, remove the opportunity for rust and use double sided tape.
All the scripting is the best part on the trunk lid! Why would anyone weld up the holes to remove.!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
As always, great work Rossano. That intake looks like a piece of art!

Reactions: 1750GT

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Hi Rossano,

Just drop the center link only. Engine and tranny as one unit.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Argh, that clamp! There are better choices out there that won't leave an imprint and cause removal headaches! Such as VW clamps.
Otherwise looks awesome Rossano!! Almost there!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Pipe clamp is period correct.
It's actually not period correct. Period correct is a one-piece front and middle exhaust.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Hi Rosanno,

I may have the original clamp for this boot.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Hi Rossano,

Option 3 is worth trying....

This is what I did to my GTV.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Alloy wheel Land vehicle

Once the coil was cut, I heated the end just enough to form the coil so that it would sit nicely on the metal spring seat and rubber pad.
No issues as all. Has a great firm road feel to my liking.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Hi Anthony....that's a good look. I do have a few questions though...1) Which springs did your car have to begin with? The US model springs are different than the Euro ones in that the free length is greater @318mm vs 307mm. 2) How many coils did you cut off from the front? 3) I presume you also cut the rears?...if so, how many did you cut here?
Hi Rossano,
I bought my (used) GTV completely stock and it sat very high, factory NA regulation height. I did the work awhile ago, I do recall somewhere around 1/2 a ring at the front and 1 ring at the rear. It also took a few attempts to get it to a height I was happy with. No spring pan spacers. I have factory black Spica shock absorbers on the car and love them.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Hi Rossano,
Ride height looks good. IMHO, I would not start to make any adjustments at this time. I would put a few miles on the car so that springs, shocks, bushings, sway bars, see some road use and settle in a bit. Also you need to drive it, including having a passenger and also with a full tank of fuel, etc. After such a lengthy resto there is going to be more time needed behind the wheel to "sort out the car" and "dial it in".

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Looks great Rossano. The small details are amazing; the nuts bolts and washers. Love the grey wrinkle finish on the seat back arm, etc. Did the 69 come with black plastic bolt covers for the anchor bar and seat belt bolt heads?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
My car did not have covers on these so IDK, they may just have been removed or fallen out in it's past life
@1750GT.... if you need them I have a box full !

1 - 20 of 31 Posts