Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Excellent choice! The car looks very solid and will make a great restoration project. Best of all it is that real pretty blue that we don't see to many of. :)

Reactions: Alfa1600

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
This blue is as you say very pretty to look at. Your progress on this car is amazing. When you pull that windsheild you will find rust in the right corner where the water would puddle under the trim/glass and you most likely will find rust along the center where the two firewalls come together. Easy enough to repair with new metal. Some of the metal work that Akitaman is doing at his shop as evidenced in the threads on here is what you will have to fabricate.
Check out the rust under the chrome trim by the rear side windows, this is another place where the tin worm would give you a surprise. Best part is that alot of the parts you need are not all that bad, and readily available from donor cars.
There are only a handful of French blue cars that made it to these shores. I knew of 3 of them, and 3 more have surfaced here on the BB. Yours being one of them. Put the right wheels with the car and you have a real looker.

The grease on the engine looks typical for road grime. Should clean up well. The 1750 engine if you haven't driven a car with one, is a real delight for pick up and returns a good gasmileage. The 1971 injection pump was the richest of the pumps Alfa imported for fuel delivery. The car would still return a respectable 27 mpg highway.

I will be watching your restoration with interest. :)

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
$100? That was a bargain for how clean the part came out. If you have gone this far, you might want to look into the rocker panels to see if there is rust inside. That $2000 for the whole car might start to look pretty inexpensive. ;)

I am also enjoying the thread watching one of my cars twins being put back on the road. Watching all of these cars being restored has me wanting to make a rotisserie now and doing my GTV up right and not half baked when it comes to the body prep.

Are you going with a glue in or rubber gasket windsheild?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts