Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am selling my brother's Alfa Spider 1991, and it has a hardtop only.

In wanting to get the best price is it worth the $650 for a soft top, meaning will it be that much more desirable with one than just the hard top?

I also wanted to know if anyone had any good soft top people in Seattle?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Hello,
I am selling my brother's Alfa Spider 1991, and it has a hardtop only.

In wanting to get the best price is it worth the $650 for a soft top, meaning will it be that much more desirable with one than just the hard top?

I also wanted to know if anyone had any good soft top people in Seattle?

Thanks!
Best place in Seattle for convertible tops - ALFA and otherwise is Convertibles Only, by Buca de Beppo on Roy St. just east of 99. Ask for Les, and tell him you were referred by the NWARC or more specifically, me. They do great work at reasonable prices and will not steer you wrong - even if you are just selling the car immediately.

ps - nobody should drive a Spider in Seattle with the top up these days!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the advice!
i did get quotes from those two places, sadly, they were 300-400 more.

as an aside is there a better way to sell an alfa romeo in particular than just on craigslist or e-bay motors

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Violetmoss -
You get what you pay for.
Nothing more need be said.
Les is "the Man" when it comes to convertibles in the Seattle area.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
i did get quotes from those two places, sadly, they were 300-400 more.
Really good quality soft tops will cost around $600 - $700. If you add for pro installation, it's not hard to come close to the $1000 number. The early (Giulia / Giulietta) tops were simple enough for DIY installation, but the later models (like yours) are a bit more complex (hence the installation cost). At the end of the day, what you want are: 1) nice looking, good quality top, and 2) well-fitted installation. If you are confident in your own skills, that's how to get to a $650 top.
Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts