Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The frame for my S4 SV top needs some new paint.
Just looking at it, I'm wondering if anyone has done a paint re-fresh of the frame, while the frame is still attached to the top, and if so, any suggestions are welcome?

·
Registered
86 Veloce
757 Posts
No, did mine in conjunction with a new top. Lubed all the pivot points, worhmked them a bit, sanded it well and sprayed it. Sounds like a PITA to do with the top on.....

·
Registered
219 Posts
I just did mine. Not hard. Used rustoleum gloss black and brushed it on. Steel wooled everything. Masked like crazy. Used lots of newspaper to protect the top and the interior. Did it slowly and one section at a time. Looks just like it did when it was new.
Kart 54

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just did mine too. If you can afford it, take it to a shop and have it powder coated. I went with rustoleum and baked it in the sun for days and it still scratched up in a couple of places with operation. not bad but not perfect

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just did mine too. If you can afford it, take it to a shop and have it powder coated. I went with rustoleum and baked it in the sun for days and it still scratched up in a couple of places with operation. not bad but not perfect
Since I'm not in a need to replace the top, I'll probably go with "Steel wooled everything. Masked like crazy. Used lots of newspaper to protect the top and the interior. Did it slowly and one section at a time. Looks just like it did when it was new. " as VenturaAlfa said.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Old thread ..but just stripped my frame. Decided to go with matching the color with the exterior.
Time consuming but worth it. Not sure how finished product will look, can't say I've seen another color matched frame. Car is white so I thought it might work..
If anyone is interested I could post more pics as it comes along.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts