Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1981 Spider - Daisy, 1976 Spider - Tex
100 Posts
Hi
My Spider S2 1978 needs new soft top after only 44 years...
I can see there is a couple of options, Mohair and Vinyl .
Anyone any thoughts on type and where best place to buy ? and what additional parts do you normaly need when changing ?

Thanks Chris View attachment 1717775
Lovely photo! Where about was this photo taken? Jeg elsker Norge:love:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi
The photo is taken on a small mountain road who runs from Granvin via Espeland to Ulvik, this is going down to Ulvik , this is app 120 km east of Bergen. there are a lot of small nice roads like this around here ;:)
Here are 2 more from the same trip, one outside the hotel in Ulvik just meters from the sea, and the other is the old ferry quay Bruarvik overlooking the Hardangerfjord ;-) View attachment 1718089 View attachment 1718090
Fantastisk! We have relatives in Bergen and Ålesund (and Olso and Honningsvåg, and...). We've been through Geiranger fjord ....... but not in a Spider:). Ha det bra.
And, if I can change the top on a Spider, anyone can do it;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hei, Is there anyone that have replaced the top home ? I am a mechanic and do everything on my cars, but have never done this ;-) reason asking is that I was told by one of the soft top sellers that this was not a DIY job
rgd Chris
If I can do it - you can too. There is an instruction guide - let me know if you'd like it.
Ha Det!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts