Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all... I have a 59' Sprint I'm turning into a track car and would love some advice on what the best suspension set-up there is out there. I'm looking at advice on springs and swaybar options. And where they are available for purchase?

·
Registered
341 Posts
No matter what you end up doing, Be sure to beef up the control arm mounts to the body in the rear. They were marginal in strength for street cars with skinny tires 40 years ago. A set up race car with sticky tires WILL tear out the mounts = a big mess.

On my fast street car, I run the orange Konis, sport springs, and a 1 inch front bar from Dave Rugh. For the track, slightly shorter heavier springs could be substituted.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Call Dave Rugh/Rugh Engineering, he has an excellent setup. Think he prefers Bilsteins to Koni's but most everyone down here runs Konis. Talk to Glen Olivera in Berkeley as well. He knows the car and racing setups.

·
Registered
72 Posts
No matter what you end up doing, Be sure to beef up the control arm mounts to the body in the rear. They were marginal in strength for street cars with skinny tires 40 years ago. A set up race car with sticky tires WILL tear out the mounts = a big mess.
How?
Are there any pictures showing this modification? I'll be taking out the control arm for a checkup, so it would probably be a good idea to do it even if I have no plans for going to the track with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.