Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK Members I am considering getting an Alfa sedan but can't decide between the Milano or 164. What I would like is pros and cons on each from owners.
Thank you for your time and help.
Steve

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Craig,
I have a company vehicle for daily driving a pick up to haul things and my spider, but all are 2 seater's. I was thinking of a sedan because its sometimes handy to carry more than one passenger.

·
Registered
9,317 Posts
OK Members I am considering getting an Alfa sedan but can't decide between the Milano or 164. What I would like is pros and cons on each from owners.
Thank you for your time and help.
Steve
Sounds like you want advice on the pros and cons of blue, green, red or black. No matter how you want to rationalize it (or advice on how to rationalize it), there is a test that cars must pass: Go and DRIVE them. See how they respond to you and how you respond to them. Prolonged test drives should make it easy to figure out which is the right or better model for you. Then go and find the best one you can afford...

·
Registered
206 Posts
It really depends on your personal preferances.

164 Pros - easier to shift, climate control, quieter and more refined.

Milano Pros - awesome balance, better control at the limit, better traction.

I drove an Alfetta sedan for 8 years as a daily driver. Many years later I bought a 164. I was surprised how the 164 felt like the Alfetta when you consider how different the cars are.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I loved my Milano for the RWD and quick steering and fun factor but my 164 L and S are far superior cars in terms of comfort and refinement. The doos are solid the switch gear is not cheesy like my Milano was and it just feels so much more substantial. Having said that I am allways looking for for a Milano 3.0 at a good price just because ;)

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys
what I was looking for was weather one was less expensive to maintain or common issues each has. I like the looks of the 164 better and they are newer cars. but the Milano is rear wheel drive. I will just try each in my price range and go from there.
Thanks for your help.
Steve

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would check with a trusted Alfa mechanic in your area and see what they prefer. If a mechanic really knows the Milano or the 164 it makes a difference. If they are just familiar with it find a different mechanic or go with the car he knows.

I think I put the kids of the mechanic at Ferrari of Denver through college with my 164. I paid for a lot of on the job training.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
The Milano will always be easier/cheaper to work on.
The 164 a SMOOOTH ride.

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts