Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wheel opinions wanted -- I have bought a GTJ scalino , great-very happy, I tried one of the Alfaholics 15x7 GTA wheels on it, it looked great , not so happy -- have to buy some more wheels.
Or I have 9 of these wheels which are locally made, absolutely period 14x6 , sort of midway between an GTV turbina and a Montreal turbina. Offset looks perfect, don't know what it is.
I have one set in mint cond which still have the black paint on them and that didn't look any good on the car but this one came of one of my other cars and the paint is gone, its still pretty dirty though, it has 195/60 race tyres on it but I plan on using 185/70 and lowering the car about 20mm .
GTA wheels look great but I already have these but before I spend time and effort on taking the paint off the other set and making them nice and shiny what do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hans-Peter,

It reminds me of a style that I remember seeing on other sports cars from the 70's. Alfa owners will have their opinions as to which wheel will look best for your car.

Do you like it? That is what really matters. When you pay the bills, you call the shots. Have fun deciding.

-Doug

·
Premium Member
2,536 Posts
I think they look good when all silver, no black paint. I think I have seen a Green GTJr. on the ABB with these rims, owner from Madera islands?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
To me it looks completely wrong on a Scaliano, It's a 70's wheel in my mind.
Then again I saw a coupe with 17" BBS CH reps on it and it looked amazing.
Wheels are personal/subjective.

What about Momo Vegas, Panasports, or Cosmic's, there's also a really groovy (baby) Mille migla wheel I think too

Have you wandered through this thread yet?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To me it looks completely wrong on a Scaliano, It's a 70's wheel in my mind.
Then again I saw a coupe with 17" BBS CH reps on it and it looked amazing.
Wheels are personal/subjective.

What about Momo Vegas, Panasports, or Cosmic's, there's also a really groovy (baby) Mille migla wheel I think too

Have you wandered through this thread yet?
I have been looking through that thread , the Montreal came out with these wheels in 67- 68 , my scalino is 1970 so they are period, I tried my 15 inch GTA wheels from my race car on it and of course they looked perfect and thats what I would really like its just a matter of money, I would prefer 14s but the 15 are good too but finding some suitable period looking wheels for the race car is a bit tricky in NZ too , correct offset have wrong stud pattern , correct stud pattern have wrong offset, if have to buy new wheels I may as well get the GTA's.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
<snip> the Montreal came out with these wheels in 67- 68 , my scalino is 1970 so they are period, I tried my 15 inch GTA wheels from my race car on it and of course they looked perfect and thats what I would really like its just a matter of money <snip>
You're right of course, they're period. Make sure you wear your flared pants, open necked shirt and good medallion when your out and about though :) just kidding, but that's the period I think of when I see this style. Mind you, that's what a Monty is all about. The Scaliano is early sixties to me. When did the first smooth nose GT arrive?

I understand the wheel trauma. I had a set of 15" GTAreps on my Duetto, they're now on my the GT Junior while the Duetto is being restored and I'm buggered if i can think of another set of wheels I'd prefer - other than GTAm reps and that means flared guards (too far for me).

Got any better pictures if your cars colour, it looks lovely.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wasn't in love with the colour when I got it but I've really taken to it now, I don't think its original or know if its an Alfa colour but I had lots of toy cars in this colour in the 60's. smooth nose came in 68 , Junior was scalino for 2 more years.

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,582 Posts
I wasn't in love with the colour when I got it but I've really taken to it now, I don't think its original or know if its an Alfa colour but I had lots of toy cars in this colour in the 60's. smooth nose came in 68 , Junior was scalino for 2 more years.
Why would you want to change anything. Original wheels look perfect is your photo.

Save your money and spend it else where.
Pete

1 - 13 of 13 Posts