Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing the IAP red springs on my '73 Spider while doing a complete rebuild of the front suspension. I haven't bought the upper arms yet.

Will the springs lower the car enough to require adjustable upper arms?

·
Registered
896 Posts
adjustable upper arms will allow adjustment of camber. (caster and toe-in can be adjusted already). Even with standard springs the camber can be wrong due to manufacturing tolerances.

Question of course is if this can be notices while driving.

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
Read the thread about inner bushings in adjustable control arms if you decide to use them.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I'll be getting the adjustable upper arms. The only problem is that the only manufacturer of those is FRAP. The non-adjustable ones are still made by other manufacturer(s).

Didn't there used to be a kit to add the adjusters to the non-adjustable arms? Is it still available?

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
John Shankle did a kit but he got out of the business a long time ago.

I have had my FRAP adjustable top arms for many years and several tens of thousands of miles. The ball joints are still OK and I replaced the inner bushings with poly from Performatek. I think that they are necessary if you want to get the best out of your car.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The adjustable arms and 6 lower arm bushings are ordered. Thanks for your input!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts