Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the battle of getting timing where I wated it, and with no dealers offering adjustable gears (at least as I know..) I made my own. Think the results were ok, with a large weight gain, adjustability and off course the looks!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Looks nice!

How about adding some degree-markings so that you know where you are...! ;)

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I have thought of making one. but I was going to drill a ton a holes like the spider has.
that way it can not slip. the notch seems like it might slip? but I have seen that used on the *** motors a lot so I guess it works.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jungle: They will be marked as soon as the aluminium is anodized :)

Slyalfa: We have used these kind of adjustable pulleys on a bunc of evos and BMWs with no problem. Offcourse this is a prototype so I will be extra carefull checking timing the first hours on the dyno. If there are any doubts it is no problem drilling 3 more holes to secure the gear.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Very nice!

So will be considering developing them on a larger production scale? I'm sure there'd be plenty of members interested in such a useful performance part.

ROCK ON
R~R

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
What about oil leaks at the little o ring? Wouldn't you disturb it if you did any adjustment after installation? It's so small I would think it would bunch up if disturbed.
I may be wrong.

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts